We want the one hit kills.

@oldkingcole225 said in We want the one hit kills.:

but it still begs the question, "why you want a competitively viable alternative to CSGO when you have CSGO?" I don't see why you'd want two games that are similar.

They aren't similar? How are they similar?!

CSGO:

• simple maps
  • no ads
  • very different movement
  • completely different game-mode
  • completely different weapon mechanics
  • and and and and

What kinda stupid question is that even? How are INS and CSGO similar?! Oh right. They are both FPS. Holy hell. People in this forum...i swear.

last edited by Benz

@benz said in We want the one hit kills.:

but it still begs the question, "why you want a competitively viable alternative to CSGO when you have CSGO?" I don't see why you'd want two games that are similar.

They aren't similar? How are they similar?!

CSGO:

• simple maps
  • no ads
  • very different movement
  • completely different game-mode
  • completely different weapon mechanics
  • and and and and

What kinda stupid question is that even? How are INS and CSGO similar?! Oh right. They are both FPS. Holy hell. People in this forum...i swear.

So you just want a new game with, like, slightly minor changes to the feel? That's weird dude. I don't play a new game unless they're fundamentally different from one another. For example, Insurgency and Rainbow 6 Siege and Squad: all three games that have different movement etc, but more importantly you have to completely approach combat in a different way. I thought Sandstorm would be an updated version of Insurgency... not an alternative to CSGO.

I totally agree. Just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I thought Sandstorm would be an updated version of Insurgency... not an alternative to CSGO.

Why not play ins2 then? (using your argument btw). According to you i just want (an updated) CSGO and i should just play CSGO. You want an updated ins2, why not just play ins2 then?

The logic is just mind blowing. Not to mention if you actually think INS and CSGO aren't "fundamentally different from one another" i doubt you know much about either game.

@coachon I think he means that the gameplay in and of itself was immersive before, not that he's a roleplayer. The gameplay used to be inherently immersive. You don't get too many games like that.

What the fuck is with the scrubs on here with the "if you don't like it leave attitude" I see the same shit in game. Makes me not want to be a part of the new community. In its current state this game feels like a COD knock off, not a hardcore tactical shooter the same as the last. I even seen a player with the username "CallOfDuty:Sandstorm" made me LOL.

Do we all not want a hardcore tactical FPS? 3 rounds from a .45 ACP 1911 and you should be dead. Not that it happens in the game. Makes pistols totally useless.

@seanohaha
That's true and I feel that INS2 was indeed pretty immersive, but Sandstorm doesn't feel too far off the mark either. Right now I'm waiting for some optimisation to actually see and enjoy the game, too laggy for me. But what people need to understand is that the game was never really slow-paced. It's fine if they could find their way at their pace, like I agree being patient and taking your time to get somewhere goes long ways vs running in, but at some point there's an encounter, and I can't imagine anyone doing very well with that kind of passive mindset. Must die a lot and I can't imagine it being very fun for them. And there (must be) other games they would enjoy better, despite this one providing immersion that they enjoy.

I wasn't implying he was a roleplayer either, but the game definitely was always fast-paced, rewarding fast reaction and decisions. And that their approach to the game would fit more into a roleplay/more friendly situation. And by the way I kinda lost track of who said what, I'm talking more generally, since the complaints seem to be general. I get that a lot in CoD4 (which, like I said a couple times around here, has many similarities with the previous Insurgency, believe it or not), I would play fast and react quick and people would complain that I wasn't letting them time to prepare. That's not the point of the game, you shouldn't be here if you expect that.

Speaking more generally now:

It just feels a bit delusionnal to play Insurgency expecting "relax" moments, casual captures. It's fine if players could somehow find a way to enjoy it that way, but they should also be well aware that they're playing the game "their way" and not expect it to cater to that inherently. Reminds me a bit of CoD4, often people would like to play say, pistols only, sniper only. Thats fine, but don't get mad if people aren't playing along, they don't have to. Not the best example, but it's a bit the same with Insurgency. Some people don't realize that their playstyle isn't best suited for that game. Now I haven't looked myself for the dev's actual thoughts on this (what the game's focus is), but the competitive tournaments videos some peeps posted around speak for themselves for me. It's very reminescent of CoD4 promod and CSGO competitive, although without the arcade gunplay of CSGO, and the faster paced movement of CoD4.

That said I'm not saying either "gtfo if you aren't happy", if they can find ways to enjoy the game like they did in INS2, great! I'm just asking them to be aware of the overall direction of the game, and to not expect something it is not. It was never a slow-paced game, just play for what it is. One thing I'll admit, though, is that it seems even faster-paced at the moment. The running speed is fast. That might throw off people used to less. I prefer faster movement myself, but I think slower movement fits better with this kind of objective-based game.

Basically there is a lot of conservative players who really want Insurgency: Sandstorm to keep the main aspect of INS2 which was a low TTK. That mechanical stuff was doing soooo much in terms of gameplay : it was dynamic, scary, fast and really enjoyable if you were able to be aware constantly about what is going on around you and your teammates. I definitely agree with that. But as soon as the game has to evolve, because Sandstorm is not INS2, then TTK might not be the solution.

As I said here, there might be some in-game mechanics that could drastically change how does the TTK feel like right now, especially movespeed that is quite overpowered right now. You don't get slowed down if you get hit, your 0 to maxspeed acceleration is horribly fast, and you're just ending by playing Matrix more than Insurgency by dodging bullet as soon as someone is trying to shoot you.
So yeah, obviously I'd love to one-tap that dumb guy trying to cross a street without any covers or informations with a single-shot M16A4, and lowering the TTK would be great. But if we atleast make sure that people can't leave out when they show themselves like idiots on a corridor, or in the middle of a street by pressing SHIFT+W then AD STRAFE like monkeys, then TTK might not need such a decrease.
(tbh I'd love to bring a TTK as low as INS2, but new game involves new mechanics right ?)

Love you all!

last edited by Kerroro

Reason why most veteran insurgency players like us want high lethality kills close to being around 1-2 shots is the fact how this kind of gameplay in the previous Insurgency promoted just more than your aiming. In such a tense environment with your health being forced down to being usually 1-2 shots to put you down with most guns, you had to rely a lot on team synergy, proper objective routing through movement, and good map knowledge. Without these important factors, your team would pretty much lose even if you had the best aim out there.

The tense environment Insurgency 2014 built up with the high damage gameplay enforced more thinking and less spraying down targets. Playing carefully and efficiently was essential in order to be perfect in Insurgency 2014. If you stood out to a position too long, you were a dead weight. If you kept going in the same direction getting killed over and over with no slight chance of recovery, you and your team were wasting tickets. If you kept going, you were likely to lose the game.

Insurgency 2014's low TTK gameplay enforced a sense of thinking more than just spraying lead to enemies. You have to realize that everyone including you have a short life span and you wanna make that count and support the team.

The TTK and environment Insurgency Sandstorm enforces just dumps that out of the water. It's no longer the hardcore environment you had to keep your eyes to within each corner and each inch of open cover. You're more permitted to do things that would genuinely obviously get you killed instantly in a game in Insurgency 2014. Especially in the servers with competitive players on it.

I thought Sandstorm would be an updated version of Insurgency... not an alternative to CSGO.

Why not play ins2 then? (using your argument btw). According to you i just want (an updated) CSGO and i should just play CSGO. You want an updated ins2, why not just play ins2 then?

The logic is just mind blowing. Not to mention if you actually think INS and CSGO aren't "fundamentally different from one another" i doubt you know much about either game.

INS: Sandstorm is a sequel to INS 2. It is developed for INS 2 players. When CS has a sequel, I'm not gonna walk in and start demanding that it change to be the way I want it to be. You're attempting a hostile take over, and you're not using my argument at all.

You were the one who started saying that you wanted a CSGO-like game, but sure I agree. Right now, Insurgency is pretty similar to CSGO. The movement is fast-paced just like CSGO, the emphasis is on individual player aim rather than team coordination, and the TTK is pretty similar.

EDIT: My God I just saw you post in another thread that you "aren't and INS 2 player" and then make assumptions about the gameplay from a video you watched on youtube. You don't even play the game. Why are you acting this way to fans of the original? Please stop trying to take over this game.

last edited by oldkingcole225

INS: Sandstorm is a sequel to INS 2. It is developed for INS 2 players. When CS has a sequel, I'm not gonna walk in and start demanding that it change to be the way I want it to be.

Name me a sequel that plays like it's predecessor. Spoiler: there is none.

You were the one who started saying that you wanted a CSGO-like game

Quote me.

EDIT: My God I just saw you post in another thread that you "aren't and INS 2 player" and then make assumptions about the gameplay from a video you watched on youtube. You don't even play the game. Why are you acting this way to fans of the original? Please stop trying to take over this game.

Nice argument. Not.

Why does this community get all these people from?! 😃

1 hit kills are stupid except for bolts and headshots.

Then you shouldn't play neither INS2 or INS: MIC

@troleika said in We want the one hit kills.:

Correct. I'm playing Sandstorm.

@troleika said in We want the one hit kills.:

Correct. I'm playing Sandstorm.

Well people want a true sequel to INS and newbies like you who come from other games should be taken in account later.

@troleika name me a sequel that's a gameplay-copy of it's predecessor.

INS: Sandstorm is a sequel to INS 2. It is developed for INS 2 players. When CS has a sequel, I'm not gonna walk in and start demanding that it change to be the way I want it to be.

Name me a sequel that plays like it's predecessor. Spoiler: there is none.

COD, Battlefield, Halo, CS, Red Orchestra, Dota, INS 2 played like DOI... I mean, what world do you come from? Literally every single sequel plays like the original. That's why they make it a sequel to the game and not a new game...

You were the one who started saying that you wanted a CSGO-like game

Quote me.

You want this game to be an alternative to CSGO:

I'm bored by the fact there is no good, competitive alternative to CSGO.

Nice argument. Not.

Why does this community get all these people from?! 😃

Yes it is a good argument. Why are you arguing so much if you don't even know the subject matter that you're talking about?

COD, Battlefield, Halo, CS

Thats where i stopped reading your post, simply because you have 0 clue. 0. Not 1%. 0%.

COD, Battlefield, Halo, CS

Thats where i stopped reading your post, simply because you have 0 clue. 0. Not 1%. 0%.

Oh yeah cause modern day COD isn't the exact same spawn trapping fast paced twitch shooter it was in 2010, and Battlefield 1 isn't still the large scale vehicle-based sandbox that Battlefield 2 was, and Halo isn't still an arena shooter where you fight over power weapons, and CS isn't still a small-scale asymmetrical twitch shooter based on rounds and an economy... /s

Gtfo of here with that crap.

@oldkingcole225 gj generalizing those games. real deep. /s

By following your awesome generalizing you'd also say:

INS:S is still a tactical team-based FPS with a lot of realistic elements.

Nice way of making your point. /s

last edited by Benz

@oldkingcole225 gj generalizing those games. real deep. /s

Dude. This is why you shouldn't talk about a game you don't know much about. The type of gameplay I want Sandstorm to provide is THAT FUNDAMENTAL TO THE ORIGINAL GAME. Halo is the perfect example cause I played it for years and know pretty much everything about it up to Halo 4: Halo's TTK may have changed, but the TTK wasn't such an important element to the feel of the game that they changed the fundamental feel of the gameplay (Halo 4 changed it up with loadouts, but that's an exception.)

Sandstorm has a lot of problems and feels fundamentally different from INS. TTK is just one of 3 problems that the players have pointed out: TTK, movespeed, and size of the maps. INS 2 is a PTSD simulator. It always was. It isn't a competitive twitch shooter like CSGO. It's a complete s4!tshow of a game. You've been arguing so much about something you don't know about, that I can confidently say that you've just confused everyone here and I've tried to explain to you EVERYTHING that came up after you questioned me because I thought, for a moment, that you were actually representative of the community and it would be important to get my thoughts together and have out this argument so I can know where I stand and where you stand. But now I know that you just don't know what you're talking about. Go buy INS 2 and play push. You'll see just how different of a game it can be, and why I said all the things I've said.