Thank You NWI

Just wanted to say thanks to NWI. This is a good game and will be great in no time. So many haters out there and in reality they hate the game because it's not the same old COD, BF, R6S, CSGO (insert any other cookie cutter low grade FPS) - POS. A huge THANKS to Mikee and team for turning out a game that will be awesome and stay true to its core. Still needs work to get there, but I see where it is going and I like it.

I share the congratulating sentiment, however not sure how degrading other games helps your point. It may surprise you, but I came to insurgency from CoD4/CoD2, specifically because it had a very similar feel. Or at least a lot of what I looked for and found in these 2 games, I found in Insurgency as well. Most notably: fluid and solid gunplay-- the guns feel responsive and fun to use; focus on skill-- more so in promod where there are no partygame perks; low TTK-- yes, in CoD4 and 2, with most weapons it is 2-hit kills, granted there were no perks involved except stopping power (the true damage balance to enjoy that game imo), and in hardcore, most guns 1-hit kill at most distances, how's that for low TTK? That's something I really enjoyed seeing in Insurgency too; fluid movement around the map-- although that must be the most different thing, moving is pretty slow in insurgency compared to CoD4, but that's not a bad thing at all considering what the game is about. What insurgency offered however, was a much more immersive ambiance/more realism overall, more accessible objective-based gameplay (as in, more players/opportunities to play; in CoD4, promod has been dead for a while), larger maps, and more. But, love it or not, still had this arcade feeling that CoD4 offered. I was still able to run and run and succeed. But only if I played smart, of course. Unlike much more realistic games like Red Orchestra, where heavy camping and much more cautious gameplay is rewarded. Insurgency still promotes cautious play, but in much more short-burst intense ways.

And then I must say I'm sort of with you on CSGO, I despise the aiming and I prefer more versatile movement, BUT that's still mostly personal prefs (tons of players having great aim in that game (although beyond me) must mean something (I'm bad at it)). I feel the game is actually pretty good at what it wants to do. I just figure it's not for me. That said I haven't played much of the more recent CoDs (past WaW), couldn't get into them much. Definitely not what it used to be.

Sooo... yeah. Really wish the best to NWI, this game is shaping up great for sure!

last edited by Coachon

Actually bud, the reality is there's so many of us haters out there is because its not living up to be Insurgency currently... Its because we are so passionate about this game is why we are so critical. I and many others believe a massive kudos are in due for the good folks at NWI. To transform to a new engine, and develop this great looking game the way they have is no small feat. That said, we love this game as much as you do. But that doesn't mean we need to turn a blind eye to its problems, that's why we have beta testing. To test and fix the game before the masses get it. And currently, it appears the game needs more than two weeks to get up to the quality that we the fans expect from the great Insurgency name.

last edited by P_Lav

I think you'll find most of us dislike Sandstorm because it feels more like COD than INS did...

@rifrafjonesy said in Thank You NWI:

So many haters out there and in reality they hate the game because it's not the same old COD, BF, R6S, CSGO (insert any other cookie cutter low grade FPS)

You should add ins2 to that list 😉

I think the feedback shows that people like the game. I've played games that simply sucked and weren't fun, I just uninstalled and moved on.

People are giving some hard to read feedback in these forums, but I believe we as a community are simply showing that we have strong preferences which the previous games satisfied, and that we want this game to reflect those.

I share the frustration over the amount of issues in the beta, and the feeling that this is on the cusp of being an amazing game.

I obviously want NWI to succeed here because their success means another game I'm going to love will be supported and improved, as the last two Insurgency releases were.

There will always be those who just complain and make noise, but you'll notice that many of these people posting their criticism also suggest ways that the issue can be resolved.

That tells me that these people also want to see this game succeed, and I take it as a good sign that even in the face of all the remaining issues, so many players are sticking it out to try and see it finished.

@benz said in Thank You NWI:

@rifrafjonesy said in Thank You NWI:

So many haters out there and in reality they hate the game because it's not the same old COD, BF, R6S, CSGO (insert any other cookie cutter low grade FPS)

You should add ins2 to that list 😉

My instant thought when reading OPs post! 😂

@p_lav said in Thank You NWI:

Actually bud, the reality is there's so many of us haters out there is because its not living up to be Insurgency currently... Its because we are so passionate about this game is why we are so critical. I and many others believe a massive kudos are in due for the good folks at NWI. To transform to a new engine, and develop this great looking game the way they have is no small feat. That said, we love this game as much as you do. But that doesn't mean we need to turn a blind eye to its problems, that's why we have beta testing. To test and fix the game before the masses get it. And currently, it appears the game needs more than two weeks to get up to the quality that we the fans expect from the great Insurgency name.

What say you now? That Sept 6 patch was a beast and I expect more. They confidently said no early access at E3, the game will hard launch in mid Sept as a full game. I chose to believe them. They are taking full advantage of this beta and making huge strides. Optimization is way better, the miss diagnosed TTK and OP heavy armor is much much better with the hit reg fix (same patch). This game is feeling more and more like INS2 with better looks. Give me Hunt and some night maps. Turn the modders lose on some custom servers, I'm sure they have tons of ideas already to go.