TTK GUYS COME ON 💡

alt text

OMG TTK IS SO HIGH CAN WE DECREASE IT ⁉

Love you all!

last edited by Kerroro

Well, for me its:
1-2 taps with 7.62
1 tap with 12 ga

I have no Idea why people complain about TTK.

@jesus-man said in Insurgency: Sandstorm feeback's forum in a nutshell:

Well, for me its:
1-2 taps with 7.62
1 tap with 12 ga

I have no Idea why people complain about TTK.

.....yet we still see people complaining about it and several I have noticed are past Insurgency players.

This is the one thing that concerns me about Sandstorm. I'm on console so I'm hoping this gets dialed in (if in fact it is a problem) before we see the release next year. This is probably the one significant element to this series that has attracted me to it as it can really affect gameplay for the better IMO by slowing down the pace, making people think, encouraging teamwork, etc.

fyi.... In the recent livestream they talked about the TTK concern but they feel that it is difficult to balance at the moment due to the hit registration issues which makes sense to me.

They did mention that they believe they found the problem with the hit reg and once addressed, the TTK will be easier to tackle if needed.

Either way, they know that this is something that may require intervention even after release. I have no doubt they will be tweaking things well into the future. ......which makes community feedback so important IMO.

I have 2 problems

1. I will never play as an insurgent and that should be a profile item. I will never intentionally fire on anyone who looks like an American trooper.

2.The lag in trigger response, I almost never win a gunfight with someone at point blank range even if I have fired directly into them at contact range. Another thing when bots are shot it takes 2-3 shots to put them down. I can understand that they might not be dead but that needs a little more realism

1. Bots do not react when fired upon, they just return fire and never miss. I have been shot at it and your first reaction is cover. All in all this could be a massive improvement over insurgency but you have a long way to go to smooth things out right now. Still good game.

John Kennedy aka FALCOR

@jesus-man Bad hit reg causes shots to not register, so it makes the TTK seem way longer than it actually is.

I won't be surprised if tomorrow's hotfix makes all the TTK complaints evaporate.

Honestly the TTK would be fine (and most often is) .... if there weren't those semi-often occasions when you shoot an enemy CLEARLY in the head sometimes 3 times just to kill him. Those are the most egregious because we KNOW that enemy should be dead... but what if those aren't the only times the hit reg fails? It's MUCH harder to tell for certain if body hits SHOULD have been lethal...so there's no way to know if that one time a guy took 8 shots to down was legit because the armor or if the game just decided some of those weren't hits...

I think the whole "TTK" argument we're having is really a "The hitboxes are sometimes weird/off but no one realises it" conversation. (it's too hard to prove)

last edited by AMURKA

It looks like the last closed-beta update fixed hitreg, so TTK might be a lot better sooner than we think !

Love you all!