any plans for post launch content, expansions

dlc or free content updates.

Community Manager

Hi, the team is busy working on the best possible game at release. Post launch content isn't a topic for now.

OK understandable. but, What is the release window for the game? and how long can we expect the game to be?

Community Manager

@crazyearl said in any plans for post launch content, expansions:

OK understandable. but, What is the release window for the game? and how long can we expect the game to be?

We'll announce an accurate release date as soon as possible but, for now, the goal is to deliver the best possible Cthulhu game. It will be released when ready.

Note that the next communication milestone is early February at Focus' "What's Next" press event. Expect many articles from gaming websites at this date.

thanks for the update. will there be a live stream of the event?

Community Manager

@crazyearl said in any plans for post launch content, expansions:

thanks for the update. will there be a live stream of the event?

No, but we'll present the game to hundreds of journalists from all around the world, meaning a lot of articles in the weeks following the event.

No, but we'll present the game to hundreds of journalists from all around the world, meaning a lot of articles in the weeks following the event.

I've read that the game will have stealth elements. Will gameplay be like in Thief game ?

Will the game set place in real world or will there be shown Lovecraftian inspired realm ?

Community Manager

I've read that the game will have stealth elements. Will gameplay be like in Thief game ?

Call of Cthulhu isn't about fighting, hence the importance of stealth. But it's not a stealth game. You're a detective and dialogs are instrumental to progress through the story. Don't expect a Thief game.

Will the game set place in real world or will there be shown Lovecraftian inspired realm ?

The main protagonist detective Edward Pierce investigates a mysterious death on Darkwater Island, Boston. It means it starts in the real word. But it might become difficult to distinguish what's real and what's not the further you progress in your investigation...

last edited by Netheos

@netheos

Call of Cthulhu isn't about fighting, hence the importance of stealth. But it's not a stealth game. You're a detective a dialogs are instrumental to progress through the story. Don't expect a Thief game.

Ok. I've read about chase sequence.

Will player be able to interact with enemy A.I.?
Will player have to hide when in grave danger ?

last edited by lovecraft
Community Manager

@lovecraft said in any plans for post launch content, expansions:

@netheos

Call of Cthulhu isn't about fighting, hence the importance of stealth. But it's not a stealth game. You're a detective a dialogs are instrumental to progress through the story. Don't expect a Thief game.

Ok. I've read about chase sequence.

Will player be able to interact with enemy A.I.?
Will player have to hide when in grave danger ?

It's difficult to answer with a general rule.

You'll have to wait for future content reveal, maybe gameplay trailers, to have an accurate idea of how the game plays.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.