Watch MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!

@zamal it never gonna happed , Pavel only knows havok...

@thedeestroyer said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

@zamal it never gonna happed , Pavel only knows havok...

Havok is a physics engine, not a graphics engine.

last edited by Brainy

@zamal
if i had the choice i would choose Lumberyard, i feel like it's better for "natural" environment (plants etc.) but i wouldn't mind UE4 either, looks pretty good as well

the question is if the mud "technology" and physics are implementable into those engines without too much work... but i'm pretty sure we'll see the old engine again, maybe updated a little

@hydrowasul
Yeah. But since they are saying that Spintires Mudrunner is "Finished" I have some doubt that there going to be any improvement of the game. And I'm thinking that Mudrunner 2 will have many of the same things as earlier games. And gamers have to keep asking about the same thing's. And in the end realise that there is only one thing to do, and that's is to settle with what we get from the developers. And hope they don't close the hole program do to lower interest and lower income from gamers. But the time will show.

last edited by dragonb1988

@hydrowasul said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

Lumberyard

tbh Unigine would be best in my opinion if they implement physics in it, just check out their demos specifically "Valley", environments are outstanding, nothing iv ever seen before its just super good!

@hydrowasul said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

the question is if the mud "technology" and physics are implementable into those engines without too much work... but i'm pretty sure we'll see the old engine again, maybe updated a little

i mean yeah, but they need to work hard to do it, wev seen games run on same engine for decades great example is Metro franchise, metro 2033 came out in 2010 and had decent engine with good physics and average graphics, but then they advanced its capability and polished it, in 2013 metro last light came out with much better graphics, physics were greatly enhanced and everything in general was polished and now u look at metro exodus "comes out in 5 month", it has maybe best graphics nowadays in shooter genre, we dont know about physics yet but im sure they have improved it and they also implemented Ray Tracing for people who will have 20 series card so they can enjoy that option, and all this from engine which was build 12 years ago.. just check thsi video and compare it to what it looks like today, first demo is from Leipzig Games Convention in 2006 and latest is from Gamescom 2018 - first demo - latest demo

it is possible for then to improve havok, but they will need to work hard, cause i feel like from spintires 2015 improvement is so Slight its barely noticeable

last edited by zamal

@elirodgersss Hi there,

This is going to be a paid DLC for MudRunner

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@brainy said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

Havok is a physics engine, not a graphics engine.

So what graphics engine does Mudrunner use ? From what I know ...none.
The only change that Pavel can make is go from directx 9 to 11/12 and maybe x64-bit version.

last edited by TheDeestroyer

@ewgenij84 said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

you say nobody use cockpit? of course... it looks really bad... no wipers...no mirrors... bad texture... teaser shows water splash in window? Why? if nobody use cockpit....

I love this game but the first-person view is the worst thing about this game. I don't even care about the mirrors or wipers. A nice dashboard with working gauges is what I'd really appreciate (and other game improvements too), more than just new vehicles & maps, since the mod community makes plenty of those (on the PC).

yeah u right... many modders makes awesome cockpits and dashboard.....

@devs

so no word about 2 missing vehicle's?

@digital-x said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

The splashes on the windows is a new addition right? Can't say I've paid much attention to it but it's very nice.

@ewgenij84 said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

you say nobody use cockpit? of course... it looks really bad... no wipers...no mirrors... bad texture... teaser shows water splash in window? Why? if nobody use cockpit....

I don't know why peoples say that this is a new feature ...is not

0_1537250128634_2323.png

last edited by TheDeestroyer

Oh look American Wilds free ,with licensed vehicles and proper driver too 😱
That's how easy it is. We don't need licenced vehicles we need new features.
0_1537253449791_111.png

last edited by orlando boom

@orlando-boom
But you know, this USA DLC (just like the previous ones, adding only maps and vehicles) is created purely for the console players, so that they have something new because they do not have access to mods like the pc players

And probably for the Nintendo Switch version to sell better in USA etc
They want to earn as much $$$ as possible on the old game before releasing the new one. Who knows, It's possible that there will be a version for phones soon, heh.

@TheDeestroyer

I have it too... thought is with weather build together....lol...never mind

@orlando-boom

yeah... that I call: I your face....
Best post ever... heve all the stuff too..lol

@knight25 You're right , I forgot about the console users.

@orlando-boom said in Watch Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds' Teaser Trailer!:

Oh look American Wilds free ,with licensed vehicles and proper driver too 😱
That's how easy it is. We don't need licenced vehicles we need new features.

I agree with the sentiment (we need new features & game improvements, not more maps & vehicles). Having said that, I can see it from devs' side too. They need to sustain themselves with more income, and merely improving the game engine won't do that, since that's not paid but the DLC is, and it's primarily for non-PC users.

Also, yes there's a Hummer among the mods, but IMO it's not that great. I think the official version will be nicer. But there are plenty of other mods that are great, and some have much nicer interiors than the official vehicles. I can only wish the official vehicles were that nice on the inside. But even the mods with nice interiors don't have working gauges because the devs never provided the support for it.

As I said, I don't use cockpit view so never saw it. Not until now.