RPGs are overpowered against infantry

I mean those RPGs are best anti-infantry there is... this is ridiculous how one can pick rocket launcher and oblibirate everyone else. Huge splash fast shot, best weapon in the game. I remember those duded in BF3 running only with RPGs. Is this really what insurgency about? I guess not. Give those fuckers 1 or maybe 2 rockets PER SPAWN! So they would not just run with RPG as primiry and oblierate everything they encaunter.

last edited by acaerus

If primary weapons killed in one or two shots, RPGs wouldn't be overpowered.

There's still a bug with heavy ammo packs that lets you spam the "grab magazine" key on an ammo cache and get up to 7 rockets. Even if they fix that I feel the RPG-7 and MAAWS should cost more than they do.

You should change the thread title. This is going to get confused with the TTK threads and get glazed over by everyone who's exhausted from the 12+ threads already open on that subject.

last edited by Doghead

RPGs are pretty weak to be honest compared to previous Insurgency. Granted the previous game allowed only one to be carried, it can easily clear an entire floor of enemies.

Current RPGs are more like grenades to be honest. Not sure if they recently bump up the damage in today's patch.

God this is some annoying shit just having the rocket repeatedly fired at the objective with no way of escape. Wasn't so bad in Insurgency2014 but Sandstorm is reaching Day of Infamy levels of rocket spam.

Nerf RPG explosive radius, shouldn't be HE, should be HEAT rockets, better against vehicles. RPG's are just cheap.

The "grab magazine" mash doesn't give you 7 rockets anymore but still gives you an extra rocket for 3 total. Also works with 40mm grenades.

last edited by Doghead

The way I handled this in my Insurgency 2014 mods was to greatly decrease the radius of the explosions of RPG/AT4 rockets, but give them much more damage and penetration.

They're shaped charges, and used to take out hardened positions, so moving them from being cross-map grenades to become tools which can eliminate enemies in hard cover made them much more useful.

I had also increased the amount of 203 rounds demo men could carry, so that the one AT4 or two RPG projectiles could be reserved for times when they were most useful.

I would be in favor of the rockets being consumables like in Insurgency2014 rather than:
shoot > reload > shoot again > reload > shoot once more > resupply.

Insurgency2014 did it right, Day of Infamy did it wrong, now Sandstorm has done it wrong again. People just repeatedly slinging rockets is not gameplay.

@acaerus said in RPGs are overpowered against infantry:

I mean those RPGs are best anti-infantry there is... this is ridiculous how one can pick rocket launcher and oblibirate everyone else. Huge splash fast shot, best weapon in the game. I remember those duded in BF3 running only with RPGs. Is this really what insurgency about? I guess not. Give those fuckers 1 or maybe 2 rockets PER SPAWN! So they would not just run with RPG as primiry and oblierate everything they encaunter.

Welcome to insurgency

It's an RPG.... What do you expect?

Battlefield has Nerfed RPGs little by little since Bad Company 2. They shrunk splash damage to a few feet, and now you practically have to hit an enemy directly with an RPG to kill them.

Splash damage is important in a game like Insurgency because the environment isn't destructible like in Battlefield. Just like grenades, it's one of the only counters to enemies behind cover. Limiting ammo/reloads is a great way to counter people exploiting the weapon, but don't nerf the functionality of the actual weapon.

I have nothing against the damage of the explosives in-game and in Insurgency2014. I was impressed with how lethal the rpg/at4 is in Insurgency2014. A true room clearer

My problem in Sandstorm is the amount of explosives, specifically the rockets a single person can sling across the map repeatedly.

last edited by Slazenger