Hit reg and TTK still a complete mess

I still need to spray and pray and hope i get a kill. TTK definitely improved after the update, but SOO many of my shots are not registered. Specially when playing as a machine gunner.

I learnt that using control bursts on an enemy is completely useless, because chances are I wont kill him, so now i spray'n pray that from the 20 bullets i shoot on 1 guy, a few of them will get him and he'd die.

INS Source had very clean gun mechanics. If you shoot a guy, it is 100% guaranteed to hit him...I never fired full auto with a machine gun, only single bullets or controlled bursts. Now is definitely not the case

Please look into this

EDIT: Oh yeah and i still get lag spikes and stutters, even when my ping is around 50!

last edited by mohdak

What scope are you using? I've played all day and haven't had a single instance where it takes 3 headshots to kill someone or have someone mysteriously survive a hail of bullets.

Make some video clips. It will help the devs reproduce the issue if indeed there are still issues.

@mohdak you can watch the recap of your games and if it's true that your shots are connecting and not killing an enemy, I suggest you bring it up as a bug and use the video ID as proof it is happening.

It can help the devs identify the problems they can attempt to solve.

@mohdak said in Hit reg and TTK still a complete mess:

INS Source had very clean gun mechanics. If you shoot a guy, it is 100% guaranteed to hit him...I never fired full auto with a machine gun, only single bullets or controlled bursts. Now is definitely not the case

Actually INS Source had some hitreg problems as well, although they were pretty rare and you had to play a long time to witness them.

For the first video, you shot between his legs, probably barely grazed his manhood. (Yes I know the scope was right on him, but the SCOPES AREN'T ACCURATE)

Put a laser sight on your gun and you'll almost ALWAYS notice it is below the reticle on most scopes. Aim where the laser sight is and you'll get hits.

For the second video it was just a weird situation where the guy was going up and down too fast. Your first shot was under his arm and 2nd and 3rd just over his head.

last edited by AMURKA

@benz said in Hit reg and TTK still a complete mess:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YS9DEMnbnJ3DmTOSPArcqbi7y-nqyTiS < this one I'm sure about

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mXHMfSO49ijE3ioOQeMojY1X0PITD71h < this one I'm not so sure about

It will take me ages to upload a video, but i will try...But all my problems are exactly like what @Benz posted. The shots are not guaranteed to land. it almost like a gamble when you try and shoot someone.

Tbh this "close range is hitscan - long range is projectile" is fucked up. It's unintuitive as shit. At what range do you have to take bullet drop etc. into account?! It's just unintuitive. How does range get measured? Is it a ray till the object you are aiming at?! Etc. etc. pp.

Just make everything hitscan and be done with hit.

Example: imagine if you are going for the headshot: you don't even know if you have to take bullet drop into account or not. If you aim for the head and ignore bullet drop -> wont get headshot. If you aim with bullet drop and it's hitscan -> you overshoot. It's stupid. Sorry.

last edited by Benz

@benz

I agree it's a little wonky. But so many people here on the forums are constantly complaining about FPS and how "poorly optimized" the game is and such... so how is it a problem that what they did is simply optimize the game for gunfights where there would be no perceptible difference in travel times?

I imagine the range bullets start changing to ballistic is probably at the very beginning of where someone would be able to tell the difference in travel time anyway.

Anything less than 200ms is basically instant.

If it only takes 200ms for a bullet to travel 300 meters, then it would make sense to only enable ballistics for ranges greater than that. TBH there really aren't any maps in this game (other than one or two spots on Crossing) where this even becomes an issue. I've sat at the Security base on crossing and sniped bots coming over the rise of the hill at B and the hits are still instant.

last edited by AMURKA

@amurka why not just make it completely hitscan then and have a consistent gameplay experience? I guess having a netcode that only has to deal with 1 type of hit registration instead of 2 is better/easier as well. Dunno. Seems wonky. I don't see the benefit of having 2 different models.

@benz If you have actual recordings of shooting at players and it NOT being hitscan I would love to see them. I honestly am struggling to figure out what locations in any of the maps would even allow for the ranges required for the ballistics system to engage.

Basically what I'm saying is... It already is 99+% a hitscan game.

@amurka why not make it hitscan then. in case there is something wonky going on and you have to worry about less tech.