Drukhari Battleships - You have my attention

So I saw this video the other day..
Youtube Video

Damn, now I'm excited. Two things off the top of my head:

1. Is there anything lore-wise that Dark Eldar have any Battleships? I know they have flagship-level ships i.e. 5th Ed. DE Codex mentions Duke Sliscus grabbing a few, but a BB-class is a bit of a stretch for Dark Eldar. Compared to CW Eldar; where one of the largest ships is the modified Dragonship Flame of Asuryan, it is still a CA. I don't think it's in the lore that any Eldar have a Battleship outside the Void Stalker employed by the Corsairs. Does anyone have any recent canon that suggests otherwise?

2. So when do I get a chance to play with this bad boy? Space Elves are kinda my jam.

@lkhero said in Drukhari Battleships - You have my attention:

So I saw this video the other day..
Youtube Video

Damn, now I'm excited. Two things off the top of my head:

1. Is there anything lore-wise that Dark Eldar have any Battleships? I know they have flagship-level ships i.e. 5th Ed. DE Codex mentions Duke Sliscus grabbing a few, but a BB-class is a bit of a stretch for Dark Eldar. Compared to CW Eldar; where one of the largest ships is the modified Dragonship Flame of Asuryan, it is still a CA. I don't think it's in the lore that any Eldar have a Battleship outside the Void Stalker employed by the Corsairs. Does anyone have any recent canon that suggests otherwise?

2. So when do I get a chance to play with this bad boy? Space Elves are kinda my jam.

1. There's new stuff being made within the lore for the game. This is a good thing, in my eyes.

2. January, assuming no more delays.

@lkhero

1. Kabals are basically hyper-militarised Megacorporations that have the whole of Dark Eldar society under their boots or in their pockets according to new-ish fluff. Think Dutch East India Company on crack, steroids and in advanced stages of psychosis. It stands to reason that the ego-stroking Archons would build themselves big fancy battleships to sail about in, also serving the very practical purpose of blowing away anything they’re likely to come across, remove any rivals that try taking a piece of the profits and transport more slaves back to Commorah.

2. As early as October or November if you preordered.

@caliger_reborn said in Drukhari Battleships - You have my attention:

@lkhero

1. Kabals are basically hyper-militarised Megacorporations that have the whole of Dark Eldar society under their boots or in their pockets according to new-ish fluff. Think Dutch East India Company on crack, steroids and in advanced stages of psychosis. It stands to reason that the ego-stroking Archons would build themselves big fancy battleships to sail about in, also serving the very practical purpose of blowing away anything they’re likely to come across, remove any rivals that try taking a piece of the profits and transport more slaves back to Commorah.

2. As early as October or November if you preordered.

Hmm.. for Point 1. they were always like that. Excited to see some flexibility in design-space here, but reserving opinions until I play with the ships myself.

Point 2. Has there been any official on these tentative months?

@lkhero said in Drukhari Battleships - You have my attention:

Point 2. Has there been any official on these tentative months?

Dear god no. This is Focus Home we're talking about. You won't hear anything about dates until after those dates have already passed.

@lkhero Closest to official we have is 'some time in the coming months'.
Given there are meant to be 2 betas, and they thought about releasing the game in September, that tells me there will almost certainly be one in October, if not then November at the latest (provided there are no further delays).

@caliger_reborn said in Drukhari Battleships - You have my attention:

@lkhero Closest to official we have is 'some time in the coming months'.
Given there are meant to be 2 betas, and they thought about releasing the game in September, that tells me there will almost certainly be one in October, if not then November at the latest (provided there are no further delays).

This isn't targeted to you, but more to the devs, but SD44 had a pretty good "pre-order/beta" model up to release.

They released their divisions in waves, so they gave you like 4 divisions in the beginning, and then next week they released 2 more, then 2 more, then 2 more..etc. They did not release the last 2 divisions (I think it was 101st Airborne and something else ), and that was my biggest gripe with the entire thing because the 101st was way too strong upon release. There was no NDA, it was available to all pre-order, and you can stream all you want. BFG:A can do 2 weeks as well between factions being introduced, it all depends on the # of factions and the release schedule itself. Hell, release 1 per week. These factions can hide behind a feature flag that enables/disables them for MP. Since betas for these kinds of games are purely MP, you don't even need to turn on ranked or anything else.

With that said, I think this up-to release model is fantastic:

• No NDA means free streaming which means free advertisement for the game. Simple as that, it's free marketing, and you know damn well that I will finally turn on my Stream after months and months of inactivity (no RTS games to play really).
  • The injection schedule of new factions per week is genius and here's why: It allows you to tease out factions and build hype. It builds anticipation. It ties into your weekly blog pots "spoiling" and teasing the fans on which faction will be release. Hype generates pre-orders because people will see your game being played (see above point) and will want to pre-order to try it. It allows the dev team to take feedback and apply it so by the time a new faction gets released, there might be immediate hotfixes to completely broken things. It ties heavily into any marketing campaign: For example, BFG:A2 right now has that FB post that blacks out a ship and you have to guess which ship. Now imagine that but with a faction. It's pretty much who's that Pokemon? but for factions.
  • Start earlier than later. It allows you to receive feedback from players on all skill levels and apply it to the game for a better polished product at the end. There's no doubt that when I played SD44 (myself and a lot of top Wargame RD clans played as well) gave tons of feedback to the developer forum, and the game was in a much better position when the game came out. This was my absolute biggest gripe about the first game and this studio, and I hope they change this for the second game.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.