Before literally anything else, bolt-action snipers need to be able to kill in 1 shot.

@p_lav

I totally agree with you.
You just pointed out everything I wanted to point out.
Developers should remember what made Insurgency 2014 great.
If you take away fast TTK from Insurgency , what will make this game different from other Military Shooters ?
( Call of Duty , Tom Clancy's , Battlefield , Counter Strike , and etc. )
Insurgency 2014 was very unique because of the fast TTK.
A Military Shooter without uniqueness cannot survive because there are so many other competitors.

last edited by Nick Kim

Well also because of the game modes, the sound design, the atmosphere, the fact that EVERY SINGLE GUN was viable. Hell I had a 4 kill streak with a Makarov in Source today, I can barely dream of getting a single kill now. I honestly just save the supply points from pistols on more equipment. The game was ultimately founded on REALISM, or at least the theatre of it. Now its hardly close to feeling realistic.

I and many other "Vets" will keep playing Source, and forget about Sandstorm in no time, and the people that hop in right at launch? They'll fade out in a month or two when COD & BF come out.

And where does that leave us real fans?

With no new NWI games, and a giant hole in the market like the was for so long before the mod even released. Yes, I've been around that long.

Keyword IMO is balanced TTK. Weapons should kill fast, but not 1-shot kills across the board with all weapons in all situations. It has been discussed many times why this is harmful to the game. Not having 1-shot kills does also NOT mean that weapons couldn't kill fast.

@nick-kim said in Before literally anything else, bolt-action snipers need to be able to kill in 1 shot.:

If you take away fast TTK from Insurgency , what will make this game different from other Military Shooters ?

It would just be a mediocre fps shooter.