Game is unplayable again!!!!

Things were looking up, tried to play just now and for some reason its a freeze fest again? im getting MASSIVE fps drops from 60/80fps down to 5 fps! yesterday it was smooth and played great, today for what seems like no reason at all, its a freeze fest again!

Whats changed? anyone else find performance seems to have gone today?

Have you tried disabling hyperthreading? That seemed to work for me. I got a huge fps boost from 20-30 fps with dips to 1 and frequent freezes to buttery smooth 80 FPS. It was unbelievable, like a whole new game.

@musicnote said in Game is unplayable again!!!!:

Have you tried disabling hyperthreading? That seemed to work for me. I got a huge fps boost from 20-30 fps with dips to 1 and frequent freezes to buttery smooth 80 FPS. It was unbelievable, like a whole new game.

im only running a i3 6320 so only have 2 actual cores with 4 threads, think it will be worse for me if I disabled the hyperthreading? don't know how to do it anyway lol

last edited by syks01

@syks01 Maybe in the bios.

I used a program called CPUCORES to disable hyperthreading while I'm playing Sandstorm and there was a BIG difference.

My Specs:
i5 4670k 8GB ddr3 1600 ram, nvidia gtx 960

i5 4670k

This i5 doesn't have hyperthreading. Up until Kaby Lake only i7 and i3 CPUs had it.

@mcfosat That's weird. Clicking on "disable hyperthreading" on cpucores made a big difference.

Probably just placebo.