Game freezing and performance loss issues

Hello!

I have noticed that the longer I play the game the worse FPS I get. For example today I've started with 100-120 FPS and in the last round after playing for about 90 minutes I had 40-60 FPS with stuttering (this might have been caused by server issues or I've just got an unoptimized map).

My other issue is if I play for 80-90 minutes in one sitting the game just hangs on the submitting results message as the last round ends and it doesn't put me back into the menu, Windows says that the program isn't responding and I have to close the game with task manager.

My config is the following: i5 4460, R9 290, 8GB RAM and game is on an SSD with Windows. I've checked RAM and VRAM usage in Afterburner, RAM usage was around 6,5GB and VRAM usage was around 3-3,5GB.

Another performance loss I've noticed:

I gave my slightly increased graphical settings a try today. Matchmaking put me on Crossing Skirmish. I thought myself great, let's see how it goes on a big map. To my suprise the game run really smooth, at around 110-120 FPS without any hiccups at the begining.

This trend continued up until there were around 16-18 players on the server. As the remaining empty slots filled up, my FPS dropped down first to 60-70, then to 50-60 and the game started sututtering. I played both rounds and while game went on, some players have left and I have noticed that my FPS was improving again.

Yes, I noticed that too, the more players are in the server the more the performance drops. Might be worth trying this tweak if you are using Windows 10 creators update: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/29705/possible-stuttering-fix-for-windows-10

@zefs Thanks, I will give this one a go before I try playing again.

Hello there!

I think it's because the game is caching content (map with its textures and shaders) during gameplay, so the more you play, more stuff is in the cache to be rendered by your graphics card.

So at the beginning, it's pretty smooth for me too, but after 10 minutes, my performance is not the same.

Another FPS drop issue I've experienced was in CQC when either fire support or guns are shooting walls or gound and the game renders the bullet impact effects. Similarly when I blow someone's head off in CQC the blood splatter and the gibs are decreasing the FPS.

@hitscan said in Game freezing and performance loss issues:

Hello there!

I think it's because the game is caching content (map with its textures and shaders) during gameplay, so the more you play, more stuff is in the cache to be rendered by your graphics card.

So at the beginning, it's pretty smooth for me too, but after 10 minutes, my performance is not the same.

I'm not questioning your idea about the caching issue because it could easily cause the freezes I'm experiencing after the 80-90 minute mark, but it doesn't really explain in the second situation why my FPS went up by the end of the match when some people have left the server.

Even on lowest graphics, LOTs of stuttering and freezing and FPS drops, real drops as 5 fps! complete freeze (for few seconds!) specially when moving to new areas (maybe not cached yet) or when engaging in a shoot out with an enemy. Very sad indeed.

My setup is old, but works well with other games on higher graphics settings!
i7/8GB RAM/GTX760/HDD (no SSD)

Any fix soon? Should I refund!? 😞

last edited by khaled