Now the hitreg is patched can we please get the TTK addressed?

The TTK on an unarmoured target is still above Ins2014 despite the minor ammo buffs.
On top of that, despite armour being nerfed people wearing it are still bullet sponges.
I've taken 1-2 rounds and continued fighting countless times today.
It seems to average around 2 shots or more to kill a target even with battle rifles which makes them purposeless compared with intermediate calibre rifles.

This is an outright gameplay downgrade from Source. Please stop catering exclusively to the Call of Duty casuals.

last edited by Whitby

Yes, I too enjoy dying to a stiff breeze. /s

So you're admitting that the game is already at a point where a mere 2 bullets will kill most people and you're STILL arguing people need to die FASTER?! I'm so confused. You want EVERY bullet to be a kill?

TBH this is all I see when I see these "TTK OMG!" threads anymore...

last edited by AMURKA

@amurka apparently having to hit 2 or more shots is hard. Takes real effort. 😂

@benz Lol, who knows. Maybe he plays with a controller 😢

like, look at this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v2g4HTmLdNX5QddRYHeqq-4vyzi-6J6s

This dude has positional advantage over me and still couldn't kill me. Why should he get a free kill? I have the same TTK he has. He failed his aim and got rekt. That's how it's supposed to be. (was with 120ping btw... he even had a ping advantage)

last edited by Benz

@benz Damn bro where your shadows at? But yea.. wouldn't it be hilarious if that exact same recording (but from that guys perspective) showed up in a clip in one of these TTK threads to try to "prove" how "broken" TTK is.

"But looooook. I shot at him like 20 times. Why didn't he dieeeeeeee? Reeeeeee!"

Next time he ASK For bigger drum magazines cause there are not enough bullets to hit someone😆

As a insurgency vet myself i find nothing wrong with the ttk as of now. This obsession with one shot one kill with every gun is lame.
Then why have so many guns to choose from, just m4s for security, ak for insurgents.

Only gun that needs buff is the bolt action sniper for me anyway, shot a guy three times to kill him, all to the chest.

@whitby said in Now the hitreg is patched can we please get the TTK addressed?:

The TTK on an unarmoured target is still above Ins2014 despite the minor ammo buffs.
On top of that, despite armour being nerfed people wearing it are still bullet sponges.
I've taken 1-2 rounds and continued fighting countless times today.
It seems to average around 2 shots or more to kill a target even with battle rifles which makes them purposeless comparied with intermediate calibre rifles.

This is an outright gameplay downgrade from Source. Please stop catering exclusively to the Call of Duty casuals.

Part of the reason it's above ins 2014 is the lack of AP rounds. That part of sandstorm does take adjusting to in NWI's defense. It would be a good idea to check if TTK feels to be in a good spot with that in mind. If NWI wants to remove the offensive extreme of the equation (AP rounds) then they should also remove the defensive extreme (heavy armour) otherwise the defensive extreme becomes the new "must have" in a way that AP rounds are in ins 2014.

@lambda-unit said in Now the hitreg is patched can we please get the TTK addressed?:

Part of the reason it's above ins 2014 is the lack of AP rounds. That part of sandstorm does take adjusting to in NWI's defense. It would be a good idea to check if TTK feels to be in a good spot with that in mind. If NWI wants to remove the offensive extreme of the equation (AP rounds) then they should also remove the defensive extreme (heavy armour) otherwise the defensive extreme becomes the new "must have" in a way that AP rounds are in ins 2014.

Afaik AP ammo did less damage on limbs and unarmored chest than regular ammo did in INS2014. I once studied the online damage charts for various combinations of caliber, range and hit zones to find out what I can still expect to do a OHK and what not. EBR regular on legs was still a kill at a range where AP wasn't as far as I remember.

@benz said in Now the hitreg is patched can we please get the TTK addressed?:

like, look at this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v2g4HTmLdNX5QddRYHeqq-4vyzi-6J6s
This dude has positional advantage over me and still couldn't kill me. Why should he get a free kill? I have the same TTK he has. He failed his aim and got rekt. That's how it's supposed to be. (was with 120ping btw... he even had a ping advantage)

Your aim is impressive, you are pretty good at this. If I watch the video at 25% it looks to me like he even gets a second hit on you before you fire your first shot. Watch the damage direction indicator, looks to me like it gets slightly thicker on the alpha blended edges as a second sprite gets overlaid over the one from the first hit, would you agree?

If this is how you (can) play, of course it's a no brainer for you to want higher TTK. A bit elitist, but at least I can now understand where you're coming from. You want the mechanics that fit your personal skillset better and don't care as much about how the game plays for average or even low skillgroups.

@whitby
Agreed. I find it unentertaining having this full auto spraying gameplay which is currently what I see in Sandstorm.
Let's get onto this fast NWI.

@grotesqueshadow said in Now the hitreg is patched can we please get the TTK addressed?:

If this is how you (can) play, of course it's a no brainer for you to want higher TTK. A bit elitist, but at least I can now understand where you're coming from. You want the mechanics that fit your personal skillset better and don't care as much about how the game plays for average or even low skillgroups.

Well, I don't think a game that tries to be competitive should cater to those groups. People in here often are quite quick to say "bla bla this is casual COD".... in the end i think this game as casual af atm. I never played CoD and if its even more casual, fine...but rn ins:s is a casual game and the problem is: there are better casual games. If this truly wants to be a "hardcore" FPS it needs a higher skill ceiling. For me this isn't a hardcore FPS. Name it what you want. It's a casual camp fest. People spray you down with freaking Uzis at long range thanks to the low TTK. This is ridiculous. At least in comp the game is VASTLY more enjoyable.

(btw: i don't consider myself a good FPS player. Slightly above average. I'm just LEM in CSGO and i get rekt 100-0 in games like CPMA/Reflex... but i play ins:s and i feel like a god most of the time. And KNOWING i'm not a good FPS player... this is a bad sign to me)

last edited by Benz

@grotesqueshadow

Not going to make a quote tunnel, so insert your comments here. AP does less damage to limbs than ball or HP did in ins 2014. And if you don't know about it JBallou made a very handy little online tool that does all the work for this sort of thing, I'd suggest looking it up in general. In regard to one hitters? It seems that only bolt actions can one hit to center of mass reliably from my observations so far.

its irritating to know the fact that most of the people that don't like low TTK have barely played insurgency or haven't spent time to understanding its core mechanics.

the mechanics that insurgency 2 had has kept the game alive since launch with a pretty decent playerbase for 4 years compared to other tactical shooters of its caliber. Why drastically change it from the identity it was well known for when it sat well with the community and managed to get a 90% very positive reviews within a span of 4 years?

I can get why some people want high TTK and I know there are certain games that just don't sit so well for low TTK, but why try drastically change something that's been fine for the core playerbase that's been dedicated enough for the past 4 years? Not only just them playing the game, but also even creating community generated content for such an old game-community content that's pretty good looking in game.

@derpydays do you say that currently the game has a high TTK?

I am a insurgency vet and I was advocating hardly against the new TTK, but right now it seems fine. The real problem I think right now is the heavy armor. It just feels mandatory if you want to have more chances of wining 1v1 firefights. I say remove it completely

@Benz I think Division is a better game for you, since you love high TTK so much, and it's pretty hardcore as well, takes 3 magazines to kill a guy, you will love it. Ins is never meant to be a true competitive shooter, or you can just play Siege if you really really love competitive e-sport craps.

@ctbear1996 the developers said they want to push the competitive aspect of this game. I'm fairly sure what INS:S is meant to be is up to the devs.

@Benz Sure, they are advertising it to attract more players from other titles, but the core aspect of this game will never be competitive. I'm fine with competitive, people can play whatever they want, but balancing around competitive should never be the case for INSS.