Why is full auto so prominent in Sandstorm?

@tuliottr maybe you got him with the shot before that and he died with so much delay due to lag that it looks like the last one killed him? I don't know. Certainly something the devs should look into.

My ping was around 180

Cmon...that's not a good environment to judge anything.

@slazenger said in Why is full auto so prominent in Sandstorm?:

The TTK is still too high which leads itself to spraying gameplay with the medium caliber 5.56 weapons.

Most weapons already kill in 1-2 shots regardless of caliber unless the target is armored and then it's 3-4. Full auto is so prominent because have use of ranged scopes with that 1-2 shot boogaloo at long range, so they take that crap off, use a 1x, switch to full auto, and move into closer ranges.

Furthermore, I've said it a few other times before, Source was STUFFED to the BRIM with full-auto options and players. They also moved like the same cockroach-like speed we do in IN:S, but people refuse to actually go find gameplay of it happening and would rather live with rose-tinted tactical googles instead.

@benz ive been playing Insurgency Source and other games with this ping and never had the problems I had playing Sandstorm

I'd add that the movement speed is a factor here, too. The movement speed was lower in the first alpha and i remember being able to reliably use single fire there. Trying to hit fast moving targets with single fire now is alot harder, so you're better off using full auto, especially since the recoil is quite controlable. You can always "emulate" single fire in full auto, but you can't do it the other way around.

last edited by Feuerholz