A Couple Mosin Bugs
  1. Sometimes, stripper clips reload the Mosin almost instantly. You can switch weapons to cancel the reload but the animation still continues. Seems to only happen on the Insurgent faction.

2. The Greased Bolt doesn't actually increase the bolting speed in some causes if the Mosin has a scope (tested with the PU scope). It might have to do with how the Mosin changes from a straight bolt to a curved bolt with a scope attached, since if the bolt wasn't curved you couldn't bolt the gun with a scope to begin with.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Yea, using the stripper clips..as soon as you see the thumb push the bullets in you can do a quick item or gunswap and switch back and it will be ready to fire faster than if you had just let the animation play out.

And yea, I wondered this myself. Whatever the greased bolt does...for me its so miniscule that I can't tell the difference. It doesn't seem like I operate the bolt any faster than without it.

last edited by AMURKA

@amurka You can pump shotguns and bolt rifles faster if you double-click to fire, by the way. Makes the Greased bolt for bolt-actions and Foregrip on the shotguns ridiculously strong, and that's how I noticed the second bug because I wasn't getting that speed increase.

@MarksmanMax Wait. So the greased bolt isn't passive? I have to tap fire to make it work?

last edited by AMURKA

@marksmanmax Wasn't able to replicate this so-called "manual greased bolt" in my testing in local play. Got any footage of it - looks like it might be a bug.

Can someone with better editing skills (and software) than me do a side by side timing of greased bolt vs non?

@amurka said in A Couple Mosin Bugs:

Can someone with better editing skills (and software) than me do a side by side timing of greased bolt vs non?

Isn´t it easier to just pull out your smartphone and use the timer app to compare the reloading speeds ?
I know, that would be too easy 😉

@amurka said in A Couple Mosin Bugs:

@MarksmanMax Wait. So the greased bolt isn't passive? I have to tap fire to make it work?

Nope. It's still faster than the normal bolt, but double-tapping bolts the Mosin an M24 even faster. It's really strong.