G36's recoil is horrendous

It needs to be tuned down a little bit, it has the highest recoil among all intermediate cartridge rifles, even harder to control than AKM, and it costs sh#t ton of points to get one.........

I noticed this. TBH I'm kind of hoping they turn other guns recoils up to simliar levels rather than nerfing this (and other guns) recoils down until everything fires like a laser.

@amurka True, the AKM is ridiculously easy to control even without foregrip! Same goes for G3, AKS74U, etcs

Vertical recoil needs to be increased on all guns and horizontal recoil should be removed.

Hey I agree to the initial post and the coorosponding. Raise the recoil on the 7.62s x39 and x51 and lower the recoil on the G36. Or leave the G36 and raise recoil on the other rifles with similar calibers. Though, I dont know if this was an intended quirk seeing as the G36 uses a completely polymer upper and lower excluding accessory parts.

No. Horizontal recoil is what makes recoil RECOIL. everything else is "Meh I'll just pull down on my mouse some more to compensate"

@amurka Horizontal recoil is how you make gunplay not fun at all. You can actually control vertical recoil but increasing horizontal recoil just means the new-AP meta will be "everyone equips a compensator" because it's fucking necessary.

@ctbear1996 About time someone finally said the AKM has zero recoil. I've been saying this for months, man.

@marksmanmax Yes. How DARE the mini-explosions in our guns ever kick the gun back in an unpredictable way! The HUMANITY!

@amurka Oh look, another realism argument in a game that's not a milsim. oh boi

Edit: So, you're saying you do want the new AP meta to be "everyone uses compensators" then? Because that's what you're telling me.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax Putting words I never said in my mouth to build a strawman you can easily argue against? Nice move!

@amurka The only weapons I could see that could be balanced by adding horizontal recoil are pistols and SMGs (it's probably the best way to balance the MP7), but once you start adding horiz. recoil to ARs you have a problem.

Just crouch, all guns are easy to control when crouched and 'focus' (Hold sprint + ADS), you get an extra 10% reduction in recoil. Feels bad.

last edited by Jarple

@marksmanmax Pistols are fine as it is right now, already have lots of horizontal recoils. MP7 is fine as well, it was unusable during the first beta.

@jarple Of course crouch have recoil reduction, but guns are unbalanced, that's the problem

@ctbear1996 said in G36's recoil is horrendous:

@marksmanmax Pistols are fine as it is right now, already have lots of horizontal recoils. MP7 is fine as well, it was unusable during the first beta.

I mean, I never said pistols actually needed adjusting. I also think they're just fine lmao.

@jarple said in G36's recoil is horrendous:

Just crouch, all guns are easy to control when crouched and 'focus' (Hold sprint + ADS), you get an extra 10% reduction in recoil. Feels bad.

Yeah, this is a problem that needs to be patched ASAP. You can't go for a realistic model if crouching turns every gun in Sandstorm into a laser beam.

@MarksmanMax Yeh I agree too. I've said in other posts that crouched recoil bonus needs to be decreased. But if you want to win right now thats what you do in every firefight.

@amurka When people say remove horizontal recoil in this context, they're usually referring to random horizontal recoil. I'd be fine with consistent horizontal recoil. It's the RNG recoil that has to be removed if the developers are going to continue to push this as a competitive FPS. Even without considering competitive, increasing the skillcap of the game increases its longevity by encouraging players to put more hours into the game to play better and rewards those players for doing so. What real benefit does randomized recoil have? Keep in mind this is not a milsim.

last edited by cyoce

@marksmanmax 10% less recoil doesn't exactly turn it into a laser beam. I'd say even 50% less recoil wouldn't feel like a laser beam.

@cyoce Then remove recoil for competitive only, I don't want the main game to be affected by the smallest part of the game.