Survey : Does this game need a 10 - 20 seconds start-timer to begin 1st round after loadingscreen ? ( Coop )

After connecting to a coop server in my region ( Europe ) its always the same :

After loading screen i am in the loadout menu : I choose a class and preset weapon set as fast as i can and deploy.
And voila , i am too late , because 2 or 3 guys already started the round and i am just spectator until they take the first mission objective.

And surprise surprise .. i am not the only one who is too late. Most times half of the team or sometimes even up to 6 guys are also waiting as spectators.

My game is installed on a SSD and loading times are NOT slow !
But there seem to be a lot of players that have super fast M.2 SSD´s or faster SSD than i actually have.
Well anyway....I think we need an extra 15 seconds timer before the round starts ( just as it is in the original Insurgency game) .

What do you guys think ?

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

I think we need more than 10 seconds, more like 30. For PvP as well. There were so many times half my team didn't spawn on firefight even though they were loaded. Or instead of that, as soon as you load, you have the POTENTIAL to spawn, after you have finished your load out. Should also help with the spawn skipping bug as well.

There definitely needs to be more time to enable players to load the map and select their class/loadout. So many games start with less than half of the players that joined able to spawn, and it often leads to a loss in the first round in Checkpoint.

As a game of Checkpoint can last a pretty long time, I wouldn't mind a longer (e.g. 90-120 second) delay to ready up. Is fun deploying then having a few cheeky teamkills before the real game begins 😇

Definitely agree with this, Games start at 6 v 6 but often its actually 2 v 4 or something similar given people loading in, choosing their class and loadout etc. Meanwhile the game is filling up to 12 v 12, and the first point of a push map gets capped almost uncontested.

I agree we Need a timer a lot of times i have No time to select my loadout and the match is already begun

Don't punish players from loading quickly. There is enough waiting as is. Just make it so that that the first round allows players to continuously spawn in several seconds after the first round begins.

Fair point for not making wait times excessive (there already is a 15 second timer after another waiting phase in pvp, but you might be loading so slowly that you never see it).

I have the problem too that I often don't spawn in the first wave with the others, super annoying. I think a bigger spawning window at round start is a good temporary solution. But what I would really prefer is to see faster loading times!

If some of the data can be compressed in a quicker to load but less size efficient way, I'm all for that. If there are computations being made that could be cached at the expense of some additional wasted space, I'm for that too.

Could this maybe have to do with the setting to load shaders at map load time? I have that enabled because I know other games where they cause excessive stuttering the first time they are loaded.

last edited by GrotesqueShadow

@grotesqueshadow said in Survey : Does this game need a 10 seconds start-timer to begin 1st round after loadingscreen ? ( Coop ):

I have the problem too that I often don't spawn in the first wave with the others, super annoying. I think a bigger spawning window at round start is a good temporary solution. But what I would really prefer is to see slower loading times!

You mean faster loading time right?

@kraeyq said in Survey : Does this game need a 10 seconds start-timer to begin 1st round after loadingscreen ? ( Coop ):

You mean faster loading time right?

D'oh! Of course! I edited my post. Not quite awake yet it seems. Need more coffee...

And disable weapons pre-round or enable the teamkill counter in that time that we get rid of the assholes that are teamkilling there...

@lt_delay I'm pretty sure that's disabled on purpose for the exact reason that you can just fuck around in the pre-game.

@grotesqueshadow said in Survey : Does this game need a 10 seconds start-timer to begin 1st round after loadingscreen ? ( Coop ):

Could this maybe have to do with the setting to load shaders at map load time? I have that enabled because I know other games where they cause excessive stuttering the first time they are loaded.

That would have an effect, plus whether they are loading from an SSD or an HDD. But seems to also be down to how long it takes them to select their class and loadout, my party members haven't spawned in due to customising the loadouts.

This is weird, I'm usually one of the first players to load into a game if I don't spend time to make a new load out. I've got an SSD, but not M.2 or anything super fast. I'm running most of my settings pretty low to help with frame rate drops, wonder if that affects load times at all?

In coop especially it seems like it would be fine to allow players deploy in right up until the first objective has been taken. I can't see how that would create an issue against waves of bots.

@maa_bunny Hey.

An SSD is still way faster than a hard drive lmao

I actually have mine, but a hurricane is hitting us pretty soon so I didn't feel like installing it yet.

last edited by MarksmanMax

I agree, I think 20 seconds or more is necessary to have time to adjust the class, the loadout, and make sure everyone is ready at once.

New Beta2-update 14. September 2018, same result :
Nothing changed ... server starts...loadout-screen...clicking as fast as possible on class and deploy .. and i am spectating ( like the rest of the team ) because 2 or 3 guys already started the round.
Yes it only takes a few minutes until they get shot or they succeed to take the mission objective but it would be more fun top deploy es a whole team and not only a few fast loaders getting rewarded.

Please NWI developers .. give us a start timer as you guys did in Insurgency ( 2014 )
Thank you in advance

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING