Playing as Insurgents

I don't like to play as terrorists, especially in co-op. I'm hoping there's filter in the future to change your preferences so that you don't have to play as ISIS if you don't want to. I play worse when I'm unfamiliar with and have no intentions of changing that unfamiliarity with Kalashnikov pattern rifles. I play worse when I am annoyed at being forced into playing as a horrible, uninformed person whose values and morals are archaic and destructive. What are everyone's thoughts on playing as insurgents versus security?

Stop watching FOX so you can familiarize with them then.

@cabaker513 said in Playing as Insurgents:

I play worse when I am annoyed at being forced into playing as a horrible, uninformed person whose values and morals are archaic and destructive.

@vengefulmosquito said in Playing as Insurgents:

Stop watching FOX so you can familiarize with them then.

Bro, that burn was muy caliente.I think you killed him...

last edited by AMURKA

In all seriousness, I don't much like using ak rifles either, other than the aks. When I play as insurgent I typically use the m16a2 even though it doesn't allow for 1x or 2x sights... the ak rifles aren't bad but the recoil on them is pretty intense.

On another note, the insurgent forces that you play as in the game are more than likely not ISIS or terrorists at all. The game takes place in their homeland, which would make the security forces more like terrorists if anything.

@cabaker513 The conflict in the middle east is a lot grayer than you give credit for.

The factions are not named. When I play as an insurgent I never think that I'm playing a bad guy. If it makes you feel better just imagine being some freedom fighter who fights against some dictator's badly corrupted security forces.

@action83 said in Playing as Insurgents:

The factions are not named. When I play as an insurgent I never think that I'm playing a bad guy. If it makes you feel better just imagine being some freedom fighter who fights against some dictator's badly corrupted security forces.

This is the correct answer.

I like playing as the insurgents especially against the us sec forces, a side preference would be cool but eventually there would be a large imbalance and people would be forced to play as the team they dislike, for whatever reasons they have, be it lack of gear/tactical options, or because that team has better spawns and a easier set of objectives on certain map(s), I think a side preference option would be bad for balance especially as the security forces get a lot of camo options and they can blend in with the enviornment but the insurgents stand out like a sore thumb.

If you wanna play a certain team then manually pick it.

last edited by Depleted

@action83 said in Playing as Insurgents:

Literally what's happening in real life...

I think the AK's are amazing and the clothing options for insurgents are hilarious. As far as the moral argument, it is a game that is based in fiction. Devs explained they stayed away from real-world events because:

1. It dampened their creativeness
  2. It is a sore topic

You shouldn't overthink this.

last edited by Starsiege

If you play worse when you are on the Insurgent side, you should get better at the game. That way you'll have more fun.