New Release Date in December

Dear community,

Today we are announcing the delay of Insurgency: Sandstorm from its originally planned release date on September 18th 2018 for Windows PC. The game will now be releasing for Windows PC on December 12th 2018, and the Pre-order Beta will continue until the release of the game.

This was one of the hardest decisions our team has ever had to make and not one taken lightly. However, we feel it is in the best interest of the game and our community to spend more time working to ensure we deliver the best possible experience.

During Pre-order Beta 2 thousands of players took to the game and gave us great feedback on dozens of topics. Our small, but highly dedicated team has been working around the clock to respond to and address as much feedback as possible; releasing two hotfixes over the first weekend and a significant patch last Thursday. We’ve already seen your positive feedback, as our team have started to address priority areas such as performance, hit registration, and player movement.

Despite the game’s improvement, we are acutely aware that not all of you are having the ideal experience we want to deliver. By extending the beta and moving our launch date to December, the additional time will allow us to make significant improvements to the game with continued input from you. The additional time allows us to target a lower minimum system requirement, address more bugs, work on overall polish, gather additional feedback from the community to refine gameplay, and ensure that highly requested community features which may otherwise have had to be added post launch (such as community servers and custom games) are ready for day 1.

The major goals we aim to achieve with this extra time are as follows:

• Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.20 and continue optimizing
  • Improve the character models, textures, and animations in the game
  • Improve the “scoped” experience for both high and low-quality scope settings
  • Improve the level visuals, gameplay and optimization
  • Add more cosmetic item variations and a new forearm tattoo cosmetic type which can also be seen in first person
  • Expand in-game server options to include a server browser, community-run server support, and a custom games system allowing users to specially configure games hosted by our server infrastructure.
  • Refine the game to the point it has far less bugs, glitches, visual inconsistencies and other issues.

We appreciate that these improvements may mean you have to wait a little longer; however we feel it is important that we deliver a game that lives up to your high expectations and that Sandstorm can be deemed a true successor to Insurgency. Those of you who have been supporting us during the Pre-order Beta tests will be able to continue playing until the release of the game, and we look forward to more of your feedback.

The pre-order discount will be extended until the new release date and we will continue to grant pre-purchasers instant access to the ongoing beta along with the 10% pre-order discount. The additional 10% loyalty discount for owners of the original Insurgency will continue to run until the end of March 2019. Note that the Loyalty Discount does not stack with other promotions.

We thank all of you for your passion and support, and look forward to continuing to test with you over the coming weeks ahead of our launch in December.

Sincerely,
New World Interactive

last edited by Netheos

yo that's calm fam. the game is good right now so keep doing what you're doing fam

Keep up the good work devs!

Ah so the decision has been made. To be honest I'm kind of glad; I'd rather have a delayed game but perfected instead of a rushed one.

Keep up the good work devs! I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you NWI for delaying the game. There was no way in hell they would be able to get this game ready in time.

On the downside, it a shame there won't be any updates to Day of Infamy until next year.

still any chance to create own dedi server before official release?

good luck on additional fix and I hope It'll be great!

I much agree with the difficult decision that was made....I believe it is the right one. I will be patiently waiting, playing what's available and appreciative that Sandstorm is being left on line during the process. Thank You All.

@cherrypie
That's a good question....I want to run a server too. I just think it would be 'double' work for them to release the info now under the current engine....and then have to redo it for the second engine before December...just my thoughts...

Good decision! I support it!
I like, what's on the agenda for the new release date.
Other developers stumble over problems but still release a "1.0" version, which is not finished at all!
I see you guys worked hard the last days, and the results where pretty good.
I'm excited to see what you can achieve till 12th December!

Thank you for your hard work.

Fine with me..game's fun and runs fine on my rig.

was playing last night and getting 70-110fps..most settings very high, shadows low..ambient occ off, AF 2x. 1440p resolution

2600x CPU
1080 GPU
16gb DDR4 3200
M2. SSD

last edited by Buzzkillington

A justified and well-informed decision. Good on you guys.

Seems like the right decision to me.

One big question though, how will you do with the in-game player levels? Will it still be reset on launch, along with cosmetic and token reset? It could be troublesome to not reset it, but there will be pissed off people if you do reset.

I very much support you in this decision. It shows you take pride and responsibility for your product.

I was with you in january during alpha and allthough the game has come a faaaar way since then in the current state I agree that it needs to be better before the release than it is right now.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. meanwhile, plz bring invasion back for all the maps in DOI 🙂 D.S.

I know it's a decision that stings but it shows the community the commitment you've made towards quality over quick profit (bravo). I've truly enjoyed Sandstorm so far and look forward towards improvements, features, and added content in the final release.

I really do appreciate your team leaving it up for us to play until it's release. Keep up the great work guys, sending much love!

last edited by Meatsac

Glad you guys decided to keep it in the oven a bit longer. Besides, folks are still able to play the re-order beta until release so I think that's cool. I believe it would be a bigger disappointment if players didn't have that option. I'm on console so just think how I feel having to wait until next year. 😉