Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The Chevrolet K5 Blazer!

@sanyec said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The Chevrolet K5 Blazer!:

Yeah Chuck Norris!!! 🙂

Maaannn, i remember chuck norris before he became a joke... but good call, as far as i'm concerned the new driver is named "chuck" from now on.

@unster said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The Chevrolet K5 Blazer!:

I wonder how this one will compare to the existing mods (appearance-wise). There are some really good mods of this type of vehicle (K5, K10) already available.

Well I take that back. I came to the conclusion that those K5/K10 mods are way overpowered (I have a certain test that I do). Now I'm looking forward to the official version which I'm sure will be more reasonable.

@sanyec said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The Chevrolet K5 Blazer!:

@zamal
Yeah Chuck Norris!!! 🙂

I don't know about that. Chuck Norris doesn't have a black beard. But I do like this new driver's look. He looks more "American".

can't wait until october 23

Well I take that back. I came to the conclusion that those K5/K10 mods are way overpowered (I have a certain test that I do). Now I'm looking forward to the official version which I'm sure will be more reasonable.

Sadly many mods are not very balanced, regarding performance and attachements. I am not sure why so many modders insist on making their vehicles so overpowered.

Recently I saw a small landrover like truck, that could load 1000 repair points, 4 garage parts and 4 log load points.
That's more than an E-Type can carry in one trip.

Is the new DLC going to be free? also are y'all looking into implementing to where we can see each other's headlights on online multiplayer? And just some consumer feedback y'all should make it to where one's persons ruts affects all others in the lobby.

@duramax-daddy said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The Chevrolet K5 Blazer!:

Is the new DLC going to be free? also are y'all looking into implementing to where we can see each other's headlights on online multiplayer? And just some consumer feedback y'all should make it to where one's persons ruts affects all others in the lobby.

Are you for real?
Read previous posts man 😥

The DLC will be paid. Read the previous post before slapping a question down. This question has been asked and answered over 200 times since the announcement.

Implementing online sync is a request that goes back to the old days. Unfortunately is it currently really hard for the Devs to realise this because the game's engine can't handle it or something in that area.

@Brainy
Fortunately I found a way to mod the mods so that they are more balanced. It's a little bit of a pain, but well worth it if you really like a mod but the only problem is that it's overpowered. See the Mods forum (the Spun thread) for more info.

@Brainy
Fortunately I found a way to mod the mods so that they are more balanced. It's a little bit of a pain, but well worth it if you really like a mod but the only problem is that it's overpowered. See the Mods forum (the Spun thread) for more info.

Personally I think the mods are more realistic than the stock game vehicles. I mean really, a Chevy with a v8 is going to do more than 30mph in 5 gear auto mode. And really, you can go waaaaay too fast in a stock k5 off road and really mess it up, which is exactly what you can do with mod vehicles.

@brazz989
No, that's not correct. You are confusing top speed with engine power. In this game top speed is largely dependent on gearing, and it's true that it's reduced compared to real-life vehicles probably because it's not a racing game but a mud running game and 3-6 gears are easier to control than the 12 gears a real commercial truck may have. When I lowered the torque on some of the overpowered mods it didn't affect the top speed at all. What it did affect was the excessive pulling power they had, like being able to go up an extremely steep hill while idling in manual 1st gear, which was totally unrealistic.

last edited by Unster

I'm not trying to compare it to a racing game at all, but if it's supposed to be a sim the blazer should simulate real life and do 80mph in 2wd high range wound out, not top out at 30 and be out of first gear at 2mph. The stock big rigs seem good to me though.

@brazz989
Perhaps, but "sim" is relative. I think this game overall does a great job of simulating off-roading, but not everything is 100% accurate, for example engine stalling with manual transmission, traction on takeoff on paved roads, etc. You could add top speed of smaller vehicles to the list. That's likely because the original purpose of this game was to simulate big rigs.

will be interesting to see how the K5 stacks up. 🤔

@8up-local said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The Chevrolet K5 Blazer!:

will be interesting to see how the K5 stacks up. 🤔

For sure. Nix has some excellent Blazer mods in the workshop and I doubt the official Blazer will look that nice or be that functional (because of the smaller wheels for starters), but I'm still looking forward to it. I did "nerf" Nix's Blazers though, since they were way overpowered as many mods in the workshop are, but that's an easy thing to adjust if you know where to look.

last edited by Unster

@unster well mods are mods and stockers are stockers. i am curious where it will stand in the stocker line up. hence why even though i love using mods, i still always use the stock vehicles as well. kinda helps get a baseline for testing and what not, ya know? lol

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local
For sure, and I use both too. And I make sure the mods are reasonably realistic, otherwise I don't use them or I tweak them to make them so. Generally the stock vehicles make a good baseline, with the exception of the D-538 which is badly underpowered and needs to be fixed (it should perform similarly to the D-535).

@unster agreed, situation with D-538 is pretty bad its basically useless in any given circumstance. They need to bring some patch or somthn to fix that bad boy

@zamal
You know you can fix it yourself right? I'm not saying the devs shouldn't fix it, they definitely should but it's an xml file you can change yourself in the installation directory (inside the Ridge dlc zip file). On my end I changed the torque to 200000, just slightly under that of the D-535. Some people choose to match it exactly, which would be 220000 but I feel it consumes too much fuel at that torque with its smaller fuel tank.

last edited by Unster

@zamal yes, its not ok to see maz538 with tank engine just doing nothing on slight climb without load (no spin and no move and no stall). Hope AW update will solve it.