Gore needs to be slightly changed

These blood clouds which appear when bullet hits body are too exaggerated. There isn't so much splash in real life. Moreover the splash never comes from entry wound (unlike in movies and many games). So for the sake of realism it should be reduced.

@benz said in Gore needs to be slightly changed:

gameplay > realism

Oh yeah! Everything > realism. Realism is a part of a gameplay for this game if you didn't noticed.

I reckon the blood mist is good, you can clearly see if you hit. It serves it's purpose right now.

@chonma-ho so? afaik insurgency won't sacrifice gameplay for the sake of realism.

1. It's not a SACRIFICE.
  2. This is a game about warfare not esports. So when it comes to balance between realism and gameplay, sacrifices must be made for the sake of realism.
  3. Previous game doesn't have this feature.
  4. It adds more to the immersion.

LOL how comes blood cloud will affect gameplay anyway? @Benz So without blood cloud you will not know that if you killed the enemy or what? Then it means you are not a good player, git gud!
Apparently, everything is affected to gameplay, Benz this game is really not for you if you want every single element to be balanced, how about just remove all guns except M16 and AK for competitive, you can't run you can't prone, you can't crouch, takes 10 rounds to kill someone, will that make you happy?

last edited by ctbear1996

To OP, yes, especially with armor, you shouldn't see that much of blood

@jarple I'd rather think a bit more subtle approach would make the game more intense, and suspenseful. It is always more fun when you can't 100% confirm a kill, and others can't either. But I do admit it does seem satisfying, though you might as well have a kill feed if you want that satisfaction.

@chonma-ho for the gore exaggeration, I think the heads exploding is a little too dramatic (feels like fallout 3/4), though not sure what the alternative is other than make several gore models for individual head models/head gear. But it is kind of funny so I don't mind

@chonma-ho said in Gore needs to be slightly changed:

1. This is a game about warfare not esports. So when it comes to balance between realism and gameplay, sacrifices must be made for the sake of realism.

Points OP to the competitive playlist on the matchmaking screen

last edited by Quadsword