Texture memory-related crashing

I've seen various reports of behavior that may or may not be similar but no official acknowledgment, so sorry if the actual bug is redundant.

Xeon 1231 processor, GTX 1070ti video card, 16GB ram, SSD, latest Nvidia drivers and fully updated windows 10 64 bit.

Within 5 seconds after loading my rifle shortly after entering a match, Sandstorm crashes and spits out a memory related error, saying that there isn't enough room for textures...which doesn't make sense considering that no other games have a problem and my specs comfortably exceed minimum. Doesn't seem like this error is sensitive to video settings, I've tried several combos. Is there a memory leak or something? I've submitted a couple of auto-generated reports but I figured I'd also post here to. Thanks!

I am not sure if this might help you, it´s worth a try as you have windows 10 as your operating system :

Windows 10 has some memory problems : https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/empty-standby-memory-fix-game-stuttering-windows-10/

Have you already tried to reduce the graphics quality not only in the main Video options but also in the advanced settings ? ( lowest settings should work very good on any hardware )

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@erwin-schroeder said in Texture memory-related crashing:

I've seen various reports of behavior that may or may not be similar but no official acknowledgment, so sorry if the actual bug is redundant.

Xeon 1231 processor, GTX 1070ti video card, 16GB ram, SSD, latest Nvidia drivers and fully updated windows 10 64 bit.

Within 5 seconds after loading my rifle shortly after entering a match, Sandstorm crashes and spits out a memory related error, saying that there isn't enough room for textures...which doesn't make sense considering that no other games have a problem and my specs comfortably exceed minimum. Doesn't seem like this error is sensitive to video settings, I've tried several combos. Is there a memory leak or something? I've submitted a couple of auto-generated reports but I figured I'd also post here to. Thanks!

Not sure what exactly it is called but there should be an option for texture memory size since the latest update. Try lowering that. I have it on 5gig with a gtx 1060, maybe try 3 or less? It's weird though because I assume your card has more memory than mine. Can you maybe keep the task manager running and track/check how much RAM Insurgency Sandstorm is consuming?

I've avoided crash by increasing my hard disk page file - apparently my Windows 10 default was 800MB to 2GB, and I increased that to a range of 6GB to 12GB. Lots of stutters though.

The weird part is that Sandstorm's RAM usage never exceeds 3-4GB of my 16GB of RAM (nearly all of which is available). Additionally, my graphics card has 8GB of available memory. So, why is Sandstorm shunting data to the slowest repository - my hard disk?