The solution to the great TTK/Damage Model/Armor Debate.

@mefirst reduce those shots by one. 1 shot for large calibers, 1-2 shots from assault rifles, 2-3 shots from pistols.

The current system is heading in the right direction. We don’t need any RNG in bullet damage or gun recoil.
In fact most people have been complaining about hitreg, because ttk has been inconsistent... which is basically what your asking for.

@jensiii to make the TTK more in line with that of Insurgency 2. The lethality of that game is part of what makes it so fun (and the devs agree).

last edited by cyoce

@cyoce If you are talking about unarmored target here, I can agree with your numbers. I just wanted to know your reason why you would reduce the shots by one. I also like the lethality in INS2 and Sandstorm!

cyoce just drops into EVERY thread and tries to tell everyone TTK should be faster. He basically wants a toe-stub to be lethal, and maybe 1-2 gusts of wind be a kill. Everything else is "too slow" in his eyes.

@jensiii I'm talking about armored targets. If you're wearing no armor you should die in one shot from any gun (before fall-off starts to become a factor).

last edited by cyoce

@cyoce so NWI removed AP because it was a no-brainer and you want to make armor a no-brainer?

Current TTK is fine (besides some weird choices like shotguns literally one-shotting on mid-long range), armor is already not that useful anyways.

If you want a lower TTK you'd better check your aim. The TTK is already low af.

@benz He didn't mention AP rounds at all, most guns in INS2 is also 1 shot kill on unarmored target (2-3 to heavy armor with regular bullets), which is the way INSS suppose to be, INSS should feel more like INS2 without AP rounds, so I don't know why you didn't even bother to read his comment. So I don't really see any problems with this suggestion, and everyone just assumes us want to lower TTK to one shot kill everything even with armor. Besides, this change makes light armor and heavy armor more useful and more reason to wear them, isn't that what you want Benz?

last edited by ctbear1996

@ctbear1996 gj not understanding 1. the analogy and 2. my post.

@amurka I want bullets to be lethal. I'd say getting shot in the chest, even with heavy armor on, would hurt a lot more than stubbing your toe.

And this is a thread about TTK. What's wrong with expressing my opinion in a relevant place?

last edited by cyoce

@benz what gave you the impression I wanted armor to be a must-pick? The fact that it would take one more shot to kill with weaker guns?

@benz Analogy about what? It seems you are not understanding every post about TTK, and you are just assuming everyone wants to lower the ttk

@ctbear1996 said in The solution to the great TTK/Damage Model/Armor Debate.:

@benz you are just assuming everyone wants to lower the ttk

reduce those shots by one. 1 shot for large calibers, 1-2 shots from assault rifles, 2-3 shots from pistols.

i see what you tried to do there buddy. failed.

@benz Isn't that what the current heavy armor does? Most .308 does one shot kill regardless of armor, 5.56/5.45 2 sometimes 3 shots. Well it seems I misunderstood that he was talking about unarmored target, sorry about that

@cyoce said in The solution to the great TTK/Damage Model/Armor Debate.:

I want bullets to be lethal. I'd say getting shot in the chest, even with heavy armor on, would hurt a lot more than stubbing your toe.

Add tagging along with a visual effect. Boom.

I wouldn't touch TTK until sway and movement changes are made. Currently you can change directions sharply with little to no effect on speed. This needs to be dialed back to the way source handles it.

@Link Agreed! Everyone just chill about TTK until we have a new build that has notched down the movement (especially acceleration, plz devs stop reducing overall speed. Acceleration/inertia changes, slowed when shot is what we want to play out).

A great theory would be to put some variables into body armor hits, maybe deflection stats. What did everyone else come up with?