Stratagems, Daily Heresy n Rules.

Youtuber and battle-hardened SHDW veteran: Airsick Hydra, mentioned this game needs new tougher challenges in addition to the new skins etc. To have something new to do with the new items. With this in mind, here are ideas furthering ideas I previously suggested, for increasing difficulty and longevity:

At the start of a mission a randomised card is drawn.

Stratagems
Positive (and Negative) cards (interpreting the actual stratagems of the codex) that affect your game in ways like:

• 'FORTRESS OF SHIELDS'
    As long as you have two Assault class with Storms Shields on your team, your whole squad is impervious to ranged weaponry.

• 'WATCHER IN THE DARK'
    All defense from psychic attacks.

• 'DEATHWING ASSAULT'
    No reloads needed.

• 'GRIM RESOLVE'
    Higher armour, no running.

Tyranid Stratagems

• 'RAPID REGENERATION'
    Xenos takes more shots to kill.

• 'CAUSTIC BLOOD'
    Close combat killing/blood splats cause damage.

• 'PATHOGENIC SLIME'
    Xenos' spit causes severe damage and disorientation.

Etc.

ALSO: Daily Heresy
Is the name for most cards in the randomised pile with negative effects, bad situations etc.
Such as:

• Guns jam more often for 10 seconds a time.
    No running
    No blip sensor
    Redemption bolters only
    No map
    Unhackable/unblockable
    Etc.

Note: Could also have : Warlord Traits, Interromancy Disciples, Tactical Objectives etc.

RULES
Added difficulty settings or 'rules' to add more challenge and longevity:

• Codex Rules
    Friendly Fire

• DEATHWISH Rules:
    No Respawns (except Chaplain, Tactical skill use)
    Blocking/hacking takes a lot longer
    Limited Ammo?
    No Sprinting
    No Psygates.

• HIVE Rules:
    More Genestealers
    More Broodlords
    Big Bosses
    Genestealers can destroy small blocked doors.
    Genestealers are all 1-3 hit killers

K

last edited by Kommodore77

@kommodore77

• DEATHWING ASSAULT'
    No reloads needed.

I think this option would make the Squad too OP...*

The Rest of the Stratagems and your Ideas are neat!
but maybe, maybe they are too OP if you add Mods and skills accumulated to these Stratagems...
Grim Resolve seemsto be the coolest choice ;-D

Thanks brother,
I guess the positive stratagems would rarely appear n just for OP fun or pos/neg traits together like 'Grim Resolve'. Mostly have cards appear that make it more of a challenge.

@kommodore77 said in Stratagems, Daily Heresy n Rules.:

Thanks brother,
I guess the positive stratagems would rarely appear n just for OP fun or pos/neg traits together like 'Grim Resolve'. Mostly have cards appear that make it more of a challenge.

Yes, Grim Resolve sounds a lot of Fun! ;-D

Your Ideas a really cool. Rules and such could really change the Pace and give a lot of variety in Gameplay!

I guess the choice is either a selection of singular on/off buttons like 'Friendly Fire' such as Permadeath on/off, No Sprinting on/off, etc., or rules sets like 'Codex Rules' that merge a few on/off options under one heading choice. Consequently, due to online player count, having a plethora of singular on/off choices to toggle between might make it harder to find public matches, so rules sets could be better. Then again it can limit choices.

Thanks again, brother! TBH, I haven't played the game so I'm just throwing ideas out there 🖖🏻

last edited by Kommodore77

@kommodore77 said in Stratagems, Daily Heresy n Rules.:

Thanks again, brother! TBH, I haven't played the game so I'm just throwing ideas out there 🖖🏻

Hahahahaha YOU ARE ONE! Play the fkng Game in the Name of the ....

What you mean bro?
I can't play the game yet coz I'm on a console.

Ppl are asking for more challenge beyond no mercy and ff. I wrote my OP as ideas for more ways to increase the challenge . What’s others’ suggestions n the matter?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.