I've played plenty of hours of Insurgency and only played Coop.
Sandstorm coop leaves me bored. If someone were to ask what playing coop is like in Sandstorm...
- sprint full speed to next objective
- shoot minimal people in that area that seem to primary sit at the objective crouched in the corner waiting for me to enter the room or building
- stand on the objective and occasionally have to shoot a bad guy coming into the building
- stay inside until whatever artillery is done
- go to step 1
The beautiful landscape and obstacles are pointless as I just sprint through them racing to the next point receiving no resistance and minimal challenge.
- Increase resistance between objectives. I rarely have to work to get to an objective. I just arrive and have to shoot my way in.
- Increase the number of bots at each point. I played the other day with 4 people total playing. We we confronted by 7 bots. Whoever wins the spring to the next objective gets to shoot bad guys. If you aren't mindlessly sprinting, there's nobody left after you get there.
- Something has to be done about empty servers. I don't know that I've played with more than a total of 6 players.
Please fix the maps to either block access to areas that go nowhere or open them up. I ran all the way up a road thinking I would flank and come from the left to find that the end of the road was surrounded by rocks and I have to run all the way back to spawn to start again.
I continue to be impressed at the number of patches coming and hard work the team is putting in. I have faith. I do.