Announcing Free DLC - The Valley

Everyone seems divided but I for one am excited for this. I used to have the 969 as a mod and am happy that its returning as official content. The big vehicles look fun too, more plausible for a logging company to have than an ICBM carrier like the E-7310. And that 4 point log trailer... 😮 The stock Mudrunner maps have proven themselves to be a huge cut above the stock 2014 maps too, so I'm way more excited for The Valley than I would have been before.

...I still feel bad for The Pit though. One day I'm gonna learn the editor and make a spiritual successor in Mudrunner.

@rinofagerlund said in Announcing Free DLC - The Valley:

[...] But when you buy a game with logging in mind, dont come and complain 5 minutes after about it being a game with logging in mind.

Mudrunner isn't a logging game as per the official description of the game

And I quote
"Spintires: MudRunner puts you in the driver’s seat and dares you to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme landscapes with only a map and compass as your guides!"

Also the photos showcase a real wild area russian situation with various cargos being transported through offroad terrain.

Logging is one of these things to be done.

last edited by Mr.T

@rinofagerlund relax, I understand, but if things are bad for pc players, imagine to the players of cosole this is worse still👍

I'm still gonna play on console for now but my plans are set for a gaming pc. I'm just gonna put one together myself that's a good starting point for future upgrades, but trying to keep it reasonably priced, which I'd rather sink money into a pc that's upgradeable vs a console that gets replaced 500 a pop or so every few years, I have xb1 brick, and an s, both are great for just jumping on a game and playing, but for this game in particular it falls seriously short, in replay value on console due to mods. In short my goal is to build a setup on mostly refurb parts, and a lil diy, except for mobo and cpu, for less than a new one x so less than 600 give or take, preferably under 500 but that's stretching it, with what min features I'd like to start with. I used to pc game as a teenager, then as an adult moved more to consoles for ease of use, but now that I'm older, more settled and have to share tv time with wife and kids, I need a new screen to compensate lol that and mods lol.

So much hype for this game, just to have it flushed down the toilet.. Almost would been better to leave console out period. PC players get mods, we get the shaft!

this is my favourite game on Xbox one s

last edited by owenrothwell87

Great game you guys have. This is going to make it even better! Everyone is complaining about how consoles don’t have mods, which would be cool, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Honestly if you guys were to make a off-road trails based map or two with spots for muddin, rock crawling, and just trail riding, it would be perfect. Throw in some “Jeeps” (similar to the blue Jeep type truck currently in the game) and some pick up trucks that can both handle deeper mud well, then I couldn’t ask for more. No need for legal infringements just make your own knock-offs! This is literally the only off-roading game on consoles. All the others are more focused on racing, and that’s not what I’m looking for. If you’re guys could appeal to off-roading a little bit more, I would never put this game down. I’ve spent countless hours just driving around in the blue jeep trial riding. It’s so much fun! All in all, keep up the great work guys I love the game. 10/10!

@mr-t yes and no. true it is not exactly a logging game, but this is the type of gameplay that was given to it to try make it a sellable product. otherwise we would not even have a game to be talking about. so while you are right in that it does not say logging straight out, when people look at more than the basic description you can easily see it is sold as a logging type of game with mod support (for PC anyway). to me though if a person is interested enough to want to buy a game then they would at least check into it more to learn about it. basicly people should know what they are buying/getting into, if they are not willing to do at least that for themselves, then yes i agree they have little room to complain.

however i really do feel for you console fellas. although the one thing i have yet to have someone answer though, just where exactly was it said there was going to be "user/community created mods on console"? everything i have seen has just said "through Steam Workshop for PC".

Mudrunner a Spintires Game

last edited by 8up local

The posibility to use mods from community on consoles will be pleasant (perhaps in the future). This DLC (3 cars and 1 map) is a very good compromise. Hope to continue ..

@mr-t

Dear Mr T or should I say BA?

I'm a newcomer to the Mudrunner universe, since I am a peasant playing on a console, the community options are not available to me. So I am glad to see some additional content being made available. Whats wrong with some variety? I am also aware that it has been on PC for many years, so I understand your frustration that it is content recycled or re-heated like that meal from the PC.

I see your point regarding game progress, leveling up etc. Essentially the PC physics sandbox has been shoehorned into a game and could definitely benefit from a structure similar to other games on the market.

last edited by Turrican77

@mr-t said in Announcing Free DLC - The Valley:

@rinofagerlund said in Announcing Free DLC - The Valley:

[...] But when you buy a game with logging in mind, dont come and complain 5 minutes after about it being a game with logging in mind.

Mudrunner isn't a logging game as per the official description of the game

And I quote
"Spintires: MudRunner puts you in the driver’s seat and dares you to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme landscapes with only a map and compass as your guides!"

Also the photos showcase a real wild area russian situation with various cargos being transported through offroad terrain.

Logging is one of these things to be done.

Well said. Exactly my point of view!

There isn't going to be story or career mode. If that's what you're waiting for you may as well leave now.

Having suggestions is fine, but a lot of people tend to turn a game they like into a completely different one. Someone even compared it to Need for Speed. Really? Wheels and and a combustion engine is literally the only thing they have in common. If you think the game is pointless, so be it, but don't expect them to completely overhaul it just because you don't like it.

@lombra For me, what was always the most important thing in spintires is the simulation of terrain and water. A long time ago, probably in 2013, I spent many hours playing a spintires demo where it was not yet possible to carry logs, because the simulation in my eyes was awesome. Now, in 2018, the quality of simulation is no longer so innovative as it was years ago, other games are being created with deformable terrain. I hope that above all else, @Pavel will work on improving the simulation. I do not even care aboutsuch things as a career mode, I want the simulation to get better and better 😃

I think i got my point, no need to continue as it becomes stale.
Thanks for nicely debating the issue, and I really hope they will understand that it is a 4 year old game and we expected a real quote "huge upgrade over its predecessor", as oppsed to just a minor update (waited for the last year for the initial Spintires)

PS: it is a nice game with huge potential and replaybility and would bring more money if you would have the proper project management. A real win-win, not money grabbing scheme

GL HF to all.
I'll drop by after a while and see if they went on the right path or my prediction.

hello, rather than creating new maps
you should convert the maps of spintires 1, it would be huge already.

@mr-t well not everyone thinks or expects the same. yes i have hopes for the game to get "bigger and better" as well, but to me that means the future and not the game now as it sits. the original was limited as it was and since the basic game itself has not changed with Mudrunner, to get to the "bigger and better" the game would most likely need a new version developed that is designed from the start with these "bigger and better" things in mind.

however i do see where you are coming from though and will agree they need to find some sort of direction. i do not feel Pavel is in it for the "money grab" but i do feel Oovee was just grabbing money. this whole part of the game that is connected to Oovee and what happened there i feel people need to forget and drop it. that is old news and really has nothing to do with the game now. other than Pavel, the game itself and this resentment held over from Oovee are only things to still have a connection between then and now. to me this whole "money grab" thing is being thrown around a bit much and too easily. now of course the company expects to make some money off the game. that is the reasoning for making it in the first place. they are making an effort to not make the same mistake twice as Oovee did. however like i said, not everyone thinks or expects the same thing. so agreed, really we will just have to wait and see what actually happens.

@mr-t But look at what i wrote: Logging in mind. I didn`t write that it is described and just a logging game. But to complete the game you are requierd to move logs from one place to another. You arent requierd to remove watchpoints and unlock all of the garages. So i understand what you mean, but when logging is playing such a role part of the game, it is kind of a logging game.

last edited by rinofagerlund

@fabio-brasil I understand that but, The game have been on Pc for 4 years and you can get a lot done in that time but they have been really time consuming. So we are again complaining about that the game is so similar to spintires that is a thing to laugh about.

@rinofagerlund Yes, I understand you, I know the history of the game for a long time.

but I believe now with the current information the game will take a better course, so I believe and hope to see☺

last edited by fabio brasil

also need to note that in those 4 yrs there was some lost time shall we say with the "trouble" with Oovee/Pavel and also the time it took to move and get things going here for MR when the game switched over. so i would not quite say 4 yrs, but plenty of time none the less.