This is killing the fanbase

I wanna start this off by saying that im so excited to have this game if/when the EE releases for the ps4, and ive been eagerly waiting for years now.

That said, what is happening now is causing the game's appeal to atrophy daily

Every day more and more people are getting upset at the fact that all we've gotten so far are relatively shallow responses with no actual information for us. The community team has said they are working on a "communication plan" but they haven't even told us what that means, and won't even give us a revised timeframe for the game's release.

So maybe this is a bit of a desperate plea but PLEASE say something of substance to your community. 40k has a really dedicated fanbase and we all want to be able to have fun on this game but if it's gonna be fun we need something about what's actually going on after this most recent delay and the sudden silence

Focus Interactive is a SHAME.

Apparently focus is having an event soon™ where there will be updates about all of the games they're working on. No date for this event has been given either, but I doubt we'll be getting any form of information before that.

Also, they responded on twitter about 12 days ago promising a community update soon™. It could be that the two are one in the same, but I'd be very happy to be wrong

That's cool and stuff, but they are still a month late.

yeah whatever this statement is i hope it at least acknowledges how straight up disrespectful to their fanbase this was. especially those of us who have waited 2 years just to get a chance to try the game for ourselves

@jb0809 said in This is killing the fanbase:

Also, they responded on twitter about 12 days ago promising a community update soon™. It could be that the two are one in the same, but I'd be very happy to be wrong

The same promise they did at the beginning of january...

It seems all of you Guys cant wiat for the Update aswell ;-D

They did not "promise" anything. They said that they are working on a "communication" plan for "early this year". Whatever this is actually supposed to mean.

PS: Nothing.

They said the EE was going to be at the end of DECEMBER.

Ok, the word "promise" is not there, but then, their "word" doesn´t have ANY VALUE.

So hard it´s to spend a day writting a Communication? You need the whole month to do that?

FOCUS INTERACTIVE is a shame. More than one year to finish a game we already paid, and what is worst, in all this year and so, they give us low low info.

You can´t defend what is undefendible, when you do that you become a fanboy.

We are not talking of a delay of 3-6 months... More than one year and no communication.

23 January and increasing

Maybe there is no more people in charge about communication of this game ?
This would be very curious because the project is really well advanced now.
Anyway, just remember that during the first years, communication was really low too, so far that i thought the project was abandonned - which was fortunatly not true for our great pleasure ! 😄
Come on guyz, just give to your community some informations about futur steps! ^^

@rioku said in This is killing the fanbase:

Ok, the word "promise" is not there, but then, their "word" doesn´t have ANY VALUE.

So hard it´s to spend a day writting a Communication? You need the whole month to do that?

FOCUS INTERACTIVE is a shame. More than one year to finish a game we already paid, and what is worst, in all this year and so, they give us low low info.

We are not talking of a delay of 3-6 months... More than one year and no communication.

As far as i onow, they said 1st Quarter of 2018, not December!
THAT was the LATEST INFO!

The date was changed to 2018, but they never said first quarter as far as I saw. Do you remember where you saw it?

@rioku said in This is killing the fanbase:

A possible estimated release date was given end of 2017 what was then discarded after the beta ended in 3rd of December.

If you said promise I would not believe it since in my opinion understanding basic english is not your strong suit.

Repeating a date that might or might not be the release date since bugs need to be fixed before release or Ubisoft it.
Clearly marketing is not your strong suit either.

FOCUS INTERACTIVE is a shame.
Not telling a yelling you is not shameful it is logical.

More than one year to finish a game we already paid
It was not released and it is still in beta and was put on sale as alpha. Read the notification in steam before purchase next time.
They did release that game will be developed for a year more after the dec 2016 and so it is and more is coming.

And what is worst, in all this year and so, they give us low low info.
You want a deadline (when it's ready) or more nice videos or trailers? Maybe a lollipop would do fine too?

Ignorance has high visibility.

What delay? Maybe read what you are buying next time would help? Maybe a lollipop too?

No bug are decreasing and so is the time for the release.

Can't you get 1 fact right?
I would not be surprised if in USA some companies would press charges vs fake facts and fake news like this damaging their product
Not that many things from USA would surprise Europeans at this stage. They went full retard. Never go full retard.

Devs:
Can the melee weapons in certain users be changed to this? alt text

-Astaroth
"Lions do not listen to the lamentations of the lambs"

@roibr said in This is killing the fanbase:

As far as i onow, they said 1st Quarter of 2018, not December!
THAT was the LATEST INFO!

No. You are not right.

Netheos - 4 May, 2017 "This new update kicks off the countdown to Space Hulk: Deathwing's Enhanced Edition for PS4 and Xbox One in Q4 2017."

Netheos - 2 Oct, 2017 - "We're still on track for a release later this year. We'll start communicating heavily about the game and the new features in the coming weeks!"

By the way. It is just me who missed this whole heavy communication?

They announced officially that EE will be released at the end of 2017. To the very end of 2017, there was no correction of this statement as well in 2018. First working day of 2018 our beloved community managers suffered from the case of selective blindness to all related to this game. Next day they said that they are very sorry and staff but they owed us nothing and we do not deserve any explanation. Yeah, why should we?

And here is screen shoot made in 2018

alt text

last edited by Grey Seer

@grey-seer said in This is killing the fanbase:

Netheos - 2 Oct, 2017 - "We're still on track for a release later this year. We'll start communicating heavily about the game and the new features in the coming weeks!"

By the way. It is just me who missed this whole heavy communication?

I can understand with lot of efforts, that the game don´t release in 2018.

What it´s impossible to understand, is the silence of DEVS and Community Manager. Thats only words, so much time take you to write a Comminication? it´s your job!!!

With this clues, i think what really happens is that the EE isn´t finished even at 60%

Don´t expect EE until April/May if the force is with us.

At this point I would not be surprised if Focus Interactive simply took the game away from Streum. That could also explain the complete silence from the developers. Maybe Focus is right looking how and who could finish the development of the game.

Just speculation btw.

Chapter master Valrak said the game was highly optimised and all the new content worked well when he tested the beta. Maybe the Console version is the problem, or more likely, non-dev related things are problems which is maybe why they don't or can't talk. We must have warped into a parallel universe if Heavy communication describes the famine of words we have received. Streum are passionate 40k fans and that shows in their game. They're artists and no doubt want to release their best possible work.

Probably just another crooked publisher causing the problems.

last edited by Kommodore77

Well, i just know one thing, we have to wait a little bit longer, but IT WILL BE WORTH IT!
I cant say from where i know that , but just relax... Maybe it will take the whole 1 quarter of this Year, who knows...

GOOD THINGS NEED TIME! ;-D

Who will bet with me that this nowhere to be seen and heard Enhanced Edition will do not a think about those LowLevelFatalError crashes?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.