Destroying the Cache feedback (TK - accountability)

I like being able to wire the cache to blow. I wish it was done in insurgency 2. Its great and not great.
I say not...because I am running into a new problem. I am getting naded, molly'ed, incendiary, shot, rpg'ed, ran over and bullied when I wire it now. Mind you I dont rush to it. I am not always going for it. But if I find myself with only 1-2 other guys alive I am gonna make more of an effort to get to that cache to get it done so others can respawn. However, people think that "since we respawn most of the time" its ok to blow up teammates wiring the cache to blow. It only causes one death on their scorecard. BIG DEAL! Dont be a baby - or so goes the attitude.

And like that my immersion is dead every time.

I dont know where this attitude stems from or why people are behaving like this, but I can guarantee if we had a system that held them accountable it would stop.

Something needs to be done about this!

Edit - just got molly'ed again while wiring shortly after posting this.

last edited by Max80

I understand your pain, even though this has only happened to me twice. Most of the time they warn of their intentions before letting explosives fly. What makes matters worse is that they expect to be respawned, when there have been a couple of instances where that wasn't that case. They then begin to bash the game because they failed to adhere to a safe minimum distance, etc. Why should a game reward bad decsion-making and sportsmanship?

My problem is more with TKs in general, I wish we had something to fight back against TKs. Like kick votes or auto-kicks. I understand why people will not support an auto-kick for TKs when accidents do happen, but honestly if you end up putting more than 1 round in a friendly target you become more of a liability than an asset. Someone that just can't seem to get hits on target or kills is preferable to people that TK because at least you didn't lose because someone couldn't tell the difference between a security/insurgent kit (basically blind) or completely disregards the experience of others. Either way a skill and mindset change would be in order for them.

I agree, maybe if there was a team wide indicator of it already being wired to blow and any tk accountability taken away for those that are not paying attention. I stay away from the cache also not because of being bashed, I dont want to be that person who has a tk rep. On a side note, I have been killed by shrapnel from the explosion I thought that was amazing and unforgiving.

@zafer Do grenades actually model shrapnel? I swear once someone died through a wall by a grenade because a fragment of the actual grenade went through the floor into his noggin lol.

Yea this can be a right pain. Was the same in ins2. I think they should make too much team damage, not just team kills play a part in auto kick. Would make players more careful of reckless nades/rpgs/molys etc.

Well Ide like to see a system in place to stop this kind of behavior.

@max80 They might. I'm not exactly positive but you can see those like, sparks that fly when a grenade goes off. I think that could be shrapnel but maybe it's just an effect.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Only one who should be able to rig it to explode should be demolitions class. Its annoying when you are aiming rpg at the cache and everyone just rush in for easy points to rig it.

2 frags or one heavy explosive / incendiary was far better system than this running competition.

@steventheseagull said in Destroying the Cache feedback (TK - accountability):

Only one who should be able to rig it to explode should be demolitions class. Its annoying when you are aiming rpg at the cache and everyone just rush in for easy points to rig it.

2 frags or one heavy explosive / incendiary was far better system than this running competition.

The reason you can rig the cache is so that you always have a way to take down a cache or fuel truck, even without explosives. Limiting the ability to rig a cache to the class with the most explosive options doesn't make much sense.

I agree with @marksmanmax - going back to the "no one left alive has any way to blow the cache" gameplay of INS2 would be bad.

You can always find explosives from the dead, and you have the change to resupply if you have managed to expend all the shit dropped by others. Its just too easy now.

It was fine before sandstorm and nothing has changed.

I think the main thing here is nobody knows they can blow the cache by interacting with it.

Once the tutorial has been released we should hopefully see less people bothering to use their explosives on a safe objective.

@haggison said in Destroying the Cache feedback (TK - accountability):

I think the main thing here is nobody knows they can blow the cache by interacting with it.

Once the tutorial has been released we should hopefully see less people bothering to use their explosives on a safe objective.

Why would you waste time rigging it if you have explosives left, when after blowing it up you can resupply from the crate?

@steventheseagull

That steven, is a very good point. However, as I have shown not everyone can think that far ahead! :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_cold_sweat:

Also with people being generally lazy we may find others running to get the kills instead of blowing the point, I am grasping at straws here but i still find most to be a get kills first and blow point later in standard play so perhaps?

last edited by Haggison

@haggison said in Destroying the Cache feedback (TK - accountability):

@steventheseagull

That steven, is a very good point. However, as I have shown not everyone can think that far ahead! :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_cold_sweat:

Also with people being generally lazy we may find others running to get the kills instead of blowing the point, I am grasping at straws here but i still find most to be a get kills first and blow point later in standard play so perhaps?

It's always a good idea to clear the objective before blowing the cache, especially if you're gonna rig the cache.

2 big problems right now (in checkpoint):

• the game is too easy.. people rushing just to get to the enemies first so they can have some action. This also makes the mortars etc pointless, because by the time they land everyone has already captured that spot and moved on.
  • the game only rewards the person that blows up the cache, so everyone wants to do it. doesn't matter if there is a demolition guy with C4 that can do the job in 2 sec. no, everybody wants to rig the cache.

Get rid of that stupid point system. In fact, ditch the scoreboard in co-op. The team wins or the team fails. Not individuals. Honestly, it's like you don't even know what co-op games should be about.
please, have SMALLER teams & MORE/deadlier enemies => it will slow down the gameplay and require teamwork.

@tourist Agree with most points, I think the spawning system should be changed so there are more bots upfront but less reinforcements (like ins2). Right now the system encourages you to rush because if you don't the bots are just going to spawn back in and wreck you; and if you do rush and kill all the bots you can cap the point before the next bot wave gets here, making the game much easier.

With more bots at the same time you won't be able to rush forward without getting really badly surrounded. But once you clear the bots that are occupying the area, you can then cap the point rather safely (a few bots will still spawn but not too many).
This also has other advantages: fire support will be more useful and the killed bots won't respawn. It will also make the helicopters survive longer (given you clear a lot of the bots first) because the bots won't just spawn back every time they get shot and just keep on shooting.

last edited by 2001zhaozhao

Allow me to reperesent a different point of view.

Points give me XP
Only people who damage the cache get points for that objective
Me am want points