The use of a C Grip over a Fore Grip

Hi,

This is just something that I have notice over the recent war-sim games I have played and it is that the C Grip is not displayed or and option for users.

Is SANDSTORM going to use a function to allow users to select the ability to C grip the weapon?

The C Grip is used by elite war fighters from every nation and is far superior to the standard fore grip. It allows for the control of muzzle jump and also allows for better stabilization when firing multiple single shots in quickly. I would like to see this added to the game but in doing so perhaps and Angled Fore Grip (AFG) might be the option for users. Using the AFG would then encourage the C Grip and the flow on effects would be produced down range.

I love this game and cannot wait for it to go live, many, many, many thanks for it production.

Cheers

I agree, same with the thumbs forward grip on pistols, it needs to be used on the security side atleast.

Don't get me wrong, i'll be fine if the current grips remain during release, but it certainly will give us the impression that we're playing as highly trained operatives if the thumb over bore foregrip and thumbs forward stance make it in the final release, so far only a handful of FPS games like Medal of Honor Warfighter and Battlefield 3/4/Hardline feature those in.

It's weird that they are not in though, as i'm sure the good folks at NWI have gun nuts in the ranks.

last edited by VengefulMosquito

"is far superior to the standard foregrip."
C clamp grip is not superior over the foregrip because it depends where the foregrip is placed. The general rule with the c clamp grip is basically this, the closer your grip is to the muzzle, the more control you have over the gun because of leverage. With this being said, if you have a foregrip that is far down the rail close to the muzzle you can still maintain good leverage, imo it's just as good if not better than a c clamp.

For example, go on the Daniel Defense website https://danieldefense.com/firearms/caliber/5-56x45mm.html here you see that they mount their foregrips farther down the rail, this is because of leverage and uses the same kind of thinking as the c clamp, simply put, the closer your grip to the muzzle, the more leverage/control you have over your gun.

As an option it would be cool although it's still a subject of debate with some. .....but what new(er) techniques are not as they are adopted by more by military, police, etc.?

Still, there are plenty of folks who prefer to use foregrips, position their support hand on the magwell, pedestal style, etc. depending on the situation and what feels more comfortable or natural to them. Whatever works for the shooter is what I always say.

I still see folks using a variety of techniques in the military, law enforcement, competitive/tactical shooting, etc. Even with the C-grip I have seen variations on support arm extension, hand/grip rotation, etc. Some for example fully extend and lock their support arm, gripping the barrel with their thumb well over the top. Others prefer a slight bend at their elbow and not quite as much rotation of the hand.

As for the thumbs-forward grip, I use a variation of it and personally find it quite comfortable. I also think it is a more widely accepted technique at this point with professional and recreational shooters alike. However, I only use this grip on semi-autos like my 1911 since using it on revolvers can lead to some obvious risks. Personally, I don't want the thumb from my support hand anywhere near the front of the cylinder. ....I use a more traditional revolver grip to shoot my wheel guns.

I will say that if they do implement a C-clamp/grip, I just hope it's presented more like this (Jerry Miculek):
0_1537287026534_fef78423-3bbe-473f-9a53-e8e70ae11b60-image.png

Rather than this 😉 :
0_1537287048798_7266ccd6-0eea-4a96-86bd-131171be00c1-image.png

last edited by Kean_1

@kean_1 i was mostly referring to this alt text

The characters in game currently grip the guns with foregrip (left arm thumb position, but keep in mind the man above, Larry Vickers, is a left handed shooter) like this

alt text

I think that is what OP is referring to also.

last edited by VengefulMosquito

@tackle-box said in The use of a C Grip over a Fore Grip:

The C Grip is used by elite war fighters from every nation and is far superior to the standard fore grip.

This is rampant hyperbole. It is used by some elite war fighters from a few nations. Not even all US Special Forces soldiers use it, much less "everyone," and its benefits and drawbacks are still hotly debated.

There really is no such thing as a "best rifle grip" that anyone has been able to agree on. A lot of it comes down to personal preference and what works best for an individual shooter. AFGs hurt my wrist when I'm carrying a rifle all day, so I've gone back to RVGs on all of my rifles. I don't feel like I lost any amount of control or functionality.

Grip position relative to the muzzle isn't cut-and-dry either. Yes, getting closer to the muzzle can give you better control, but it's also more fatiguing to hold the support arm that far from the body for long periods of time. It's great for competition shooting, but if you need to carry your rifle for days at a time it can have some downsides.

I would like to see this added to the game but in doing so perhaps and Angled Fore Grip (AFG) might be the option for users. Using the AFG would then encourage the C Grip and the flow on effects would be produced down range.

This is a great solution. Using a more c-clamp grip with an AFG, and more traditional grips with vertical grips will give people choices.

@vengefulmosquito said in The use of a C Grip over a Fore Grip:

@kean_1 i was mostly referring to this

The characters in game currently grip the guns with foregrip (left arm thumb position, but keep in mind the man above, Larry Vickers, is a left handed shooter) like this

I think that is what OP is referring to also.

Understood. I guess this is also a good example of just how much of a variation there can be in techniques like this.

The second pic I posted was an obvious parody but this is what I was talking about when I mentioned how even with this one style of grip, there are different takes, interpretations and preferences.

I have to agree with Bunny when he says that there is no one best grip everyone can agree on. In a game though, I guess that's where you simply choose to go with what is typical or traditional. Personally speaking, I wouldn't think of the c-grip being that but as an option, why not?

@kean_1 Someone that was in Spec Ops told me once that the way Larry is holding it in the pic i posted was the best way to absorb recoil while using a foregrip, it depends on user preference though.

And yeah, i noticed your picture from Polenar Tactical 🙂 i love that dude.

@vengefulmosquito

Yeah, I'd still say it's debatable especially when considering various scenarios / factors but what really matters is that folks stick with what works for them and train, train, train..... As long as you get the desired result.

Hell, I'm older now and still prefer a modified Weaver stance when I shoot pistols. I've tried isosceles and other techniques and nothing feels as comfortable (to me). What's that saying about old dogs and new tricks? 😉 It's what i've used for the past 40 or so years and just what works for me.

Are you talking about my avatar? Yeah, that's from an old meme pic I picked up 15 or so years ago. I don't know if you remember the "o' rly" joke from back then?

@kean_1 I know that meme, i mean the exaggerated c-clamp pic of Polenar with the G3, both are hilarious.

@vengefulmosquito

:smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

....oh sorry. Yeah, that went right over my head. .....another side effect of getting old apparently.

There was a video posted a while back from a group that made a parody video regarding several of the popular Tactical (Tacticool) YT'ers that I thought was pretty funny. ....you probably know which one I'm talking about. If not, I'll see if I can find it. It was all in good fun.