Team Killing Griefer's need to be addressed

The servers need a way to handle griefer's, I was on a a server where a player would endlessly team kill over and over while bragging about it over voice comm.

Surely he would have been kicked after 3 tks?

@gprologitech Not always, You're forgiven for TKs over time.

@ottiz

It will be nice when we can begin setting up our own servers and implement better resources to the community to handle griefers. I understand why NWI - is handeling it this way. But we are still left to the mercy of griefers.

Ah yeah this guy must have been counting his "Kill Timer" so he would not get kicked

@ottiz said in Team Killing Griefer's need to be addressed:

Ah yeah this guy must have been counting his "Kill Timer" so he would not get kicked

Ive had people throw IEDs/C4 right as they spawn and killing everyone who respawns and not getting kicked, even though theyve surely killed more than 3 people.

@ottiz Not only that, we really need a way to deal with targeted griefing. I had a match once where one dude's friend died from a chemical mortar strike I called in because he never put on his mask. His friend kept chasing me and trying to kill me every time he respawned.

The kick system right now doesn't account for human stupidity or human pettiness.

@ziggylata are you talking about the spawn where it has a countdown to begin the match. where nothing counts for or against you because the game resets at the countdown?

@max80 said in Team Killing Griefer's need to be addressed:

@ziggylata are you talking about the spawn where it has a countdown to begin the match. where nothing counts for or against you because the game resets at the countdown?

No I meant every objective that was done when you respawn in coop.

Teammates shot me but not killed me, so I got killed by enemies more easily.

There are many things that can be done to fight teamkillers. I fully expect NWI to implement a system for this in the final game because NOT being able to do anything against players who deliberately teamkill would be crazy. The good news is that teamkillers can be dealt with in several different ways! Some examples;

• Teamkill damage given to someone (say 73%) will automatically be received by the teamkiller as well.

• Points penalty: a teamkiller loses points so his score becomes worse (and he ends up lower on the scoreboard).

• A Teamkill Stat in their (public) profile so other players can see what kind of player they are dealing with.

• Auto-kick after 3 TKs (and configurable auto time-ban for that server).

• A "Vote and Forgive" system (if forgiven by the victim no penalty follows). I really want this one!

• A Time-Penalty system so that a teamkiller has to wait longer at his next respawn (RS2 Vietnam has these last 2 systems IIRC).

I'm sure there are more and NWI could even make a combination of systems to make it better.

last edited by Valerian