Some more cosmetic items that should be added to make characters look even better, most probably for post release.

I'd love to see all of these items added in game, just to add some more flavour to customization, right now its great, but lacks accesories, here are my suggestions.

For security:

• Shoulder pads, like in the images below, maybe these could just be added to default for heavy armor.

0_1537403985216_Screenshot_18.png

0_1537404006828_Screenshot_17.png

• Knee and elbow pads, these make any character look fucking incredible, like these are the most important out of all the suggestions, its kind of bland to see them just have the jacket and the pants with no protection at all.

0_1537413567795_Screenshot_24.png

0_1537413096995_Screenshot_16.png

• Patches for shoulders, i'd love to put the country im from in these or just different logos to not differ from reality.

0_1537413123697_Canada-Patch-Featured-2015.png

• Goggles, these are obvious.

0_1537413151509_OTW01MC12-2R.jpg

• Olive or just sand colored balaclavas, as to differ from the insurgents.

0_1537413285960_Screenshot_23.png

• A shemagh or scarf like this one.

0_1537413073417_Screenshot_22.png

• Neck gaiters

0_1537412805968_product-image-433881877.jpg
0_1537412809828_0241-tactical-multicam-neck-gaiter-2536-p.jpg

For insurgents:

• Bandanas or whatever they're called like these dudes over here.
    0_1537412874673_Screenshot_21.png

0_1537405124296_Screenshot_19.png

• Aviators or more glasses in that regard.

• Cloth coats or what they cover part of their shoulders and arms with.

• Some type of converse shoes

• Handwrap gloves

For both sides:

• Tacticool watches.

0_1537413297935_s-l640.jpg

• Armbands, where you could maybe display symbols or patterns.

I would love to see these get implemented soon or post release as they probably dont have time now.

last edited by FreedN

when do we get facemasks for security tho

when do i get a balaclava on my boys

@freedn A thousand yeses to bandanas for insurgents. Shades look kinda goofy with balaclavas or other full-face covering items (which is basically all of them for insurgents).

Also, I think a long time ago someone mentioned the possibility of like military sweaters (I can't remember what the actual name is) for security?

+10

Many people love customizing and fiddling around with their characters, being able to give their characters a really unique look by combining different items would be great.

2 Important things to consider tho:

• no matter the outfit players create and combine, there should always be a clear difference between Insurgents and Security.

• NWI has to make sure that all the different items & patches fit with the rest in such a way that the result will never look like a Mickey Mouse CS:GO game. I think I've read somewhere that we will get tattoos as well .... good stuff! 🙂

last edited by Valerian

@quadsword Oh yeah they should also be able to have t shirts but like only tan and olive drab colored, like the last game.

Lmao I was about to suggest a lot of the things you just mentioned. The one thing I want that you didn't mention in mix matching camos. I remember at E3 one of the characters had a woodland shirt and desert pants. And it wouldn't be that inaccurate really. During our stay in Somalia in 1992-93, a lot of troops had a mix of DCU and DBDU gear.
0_1537642096850_220px-Black_Hawk_Down_Rangers_return_to_base_after_mission.jpg

last edited by Tooth Decay

@tooth-decay The thing is balance, at the moment if you had two different camos you could be mistaken by a insurgent, which a lot of them have varied colors, even adding a t shirt could be bad, but it mosly comes down to colors tbh.

@freedn said in Some more cosmetic items that should be added to make characters look even better, most probably for post release.:

@tooth-decay The thing is balance, at the moment if you had two different camos you could be mistaken by a insurgent, which a lot of them have varied colors, even adding a t shirt could be bad, but it mosly comes down to colors tbh.

You may be right, but I feel like you should at least get to use different colored helmet covers.

Im just waiting for the mod that makes all the insurgents into isis lol

@tooth-decay That's an interesting idea. In real life it's usually caused by Army supply or budget issues. In the 90s it was a lack of desert camo gear being provided, particularly as the Army transitioned to a new desert uniform. We're seeing it again today with soldiers wearing multicam uniforms with bits of UCP gear as the Army hasn't budgeted to replace all the gear they just bought in UCP with identical versions in MC.

Actually a smaller "security" force like is represented in the game may have that happen less - unless they're a smaller group working with second hand gear.

I like the arm tatoo thing they mentioned in the new update post. I wish fixing the AI would be a higher priority though, tbh.