TTK needs a kick up the @#$*

@thehappybub

The devs are in a tough position

Option1: Be greedy and appeal to the battlefield refuges to make mad bank$$$, forsaking anyone who was attracted to the series for it's core (and unique) features.

Option2: Make a sequel that can proudly have it's title prefixed by Insurgency

Making body armor actually do something for torso shots doesn't necessarily appeal to bf/cod players... Yea maybe they should make armor cost more or restrict movement more, but making everything one shot is just silly.

I wanted insurgency sandstorm to be insurgency with refined mechanics, not a carbon copy of insurgency. Certain aspects of the source engine limit insurgency to its full potential, especially with being one of those games that actually pushes source to its limits.

Still, how does making armor, especially heavy armor, be effective against torso shots not a refined mechanic? TTK should depend on where you hit. If you're unloading onto center of mass then yea, it should take longer (but only for the heavy armor targets which shouldn't be all that numerous).

Making every weapon fire sniper-caliber rounds that just mess you up even if you get hit in the hand or foot just doesn't even make sense to me.

last edited by thehappybub

@slazenger ok. so here we go once again: name me a sequel that plays exactly like its predecessor.

(inb4 dodging)

last edited by Benz

@slazenger said in TTK needs a kick up the @#$*:

@thehappybub said in TTK needs a kick up the @#$*:

So you do want sandstorm to just be ins2 with better graphics...

The devs do too.

actually lold.

@benz Call of Duty and battlefield. Where are you going with this?

@benz
Project Reality & Squad
Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 & Red Orchestra 2
The STALKER Franchise
Metro 2033 & Last Light
Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2
The Counter Strike Series
PAYDAY The Heist and PAYDAY 2
The ARMA Series

lists goes on and on

@derpydays said in TTK needs a kick up the @#$*:

I don't get how people say fast TTK can make the game easy while in Insurgency 2014, a game with a wildly faster TTK than sandstorm, has pro players decimating the shit out of public players with extensive map knowledge and quick reaction times.

Funny :). People who play with or against me will know why.

@derpydays that list is a joke and i doubt you played those games.

BF 1942 and BF2? Nice try.
The Counter-Strike series?! Are you serious?! đŸ˜‚

That's what i mean...people in here have no clue about the games they talk about. As proven by your awesome list.

(btw i'm only commenting on games i've actually played....)

last edited by Benz

@benz Benz if you don't have any valuable feedbacks to share please just leave and stick with your competitive thread. Thanks.

Everyone please stop replying to Benz, he's going to argue for the next 10 pages. Let's stick to the topic please.

@benz said in TTK needs a kick up the @#$*:

@derpydays said in TTK needs a kick up the @#$*:

I don't get how people say fast TTK can make the game easy while in Insurgency 2014, a game with a wildly faster TTK than sandstorm, has pro players decimating the shit out of public players with extensive map knowledge and quick reaction times.

Funny :). People who play with or against me will know why.
Oh wow you are so pro, I clapped for you.

@benz mate i think when it comes to sequels you have to understand the sense of refinement

insurgency vets are fine with a refined insurgency but with issues like TTK they dislike it

@benz

@benz said in TTK needs a kick up the @#$*:

@slazenger yes. so? get gud. Try hitting 2-3 shots instead of 1. What's the problem? đŸ˜‚

Benz ffs have you even played insurgency 2. have you ever played insurgency because if youre coming here to make our favourte game into COD which is your favourate game fk off. Or get used to insurgecny 2 game mechs.
In all insurgency or DOI so far, you get hit, you fucking die. can we get it in this game to funnily enough its called insurgency:sandstorm almost like its an insurgency sequel not a COD sequel

@DerpyDays but Sandstorm, in my eyes at least, isn't a refined ins2, its a different game with the same theme as ins2. That's the big difference.

and @Zucchini Ins2 and Doi coop results in absurd K:Ds of 100 or even 200:1. I mean in ins2 there was a point where I didn't even bother aiming anymore, I would just hip fire all the time with the bots on brutal. It was kind of comical to be honest. The way Sandstorm is now feels more grounded. Enemies are an actual challenge, u cant just jump into a room and one tap everyone then hop back out. Because torso shots increase TTK (keep in mind not torso shots are still 1 shot depending on the caliber) doesn't mean this just became cod or something.

I don't know what you guys are doing, but I've been playing all day and have been doing just fine with semi auto. I'll throw on full auto to like clear a room or something. Unless I know I have a strong caliber (like an MP7 or a mosin) I always try to aim away from the chest, preferably for the head. I always get Noggin Knocker at the end of the round. It's just more sensible and more realistic. Ins2 and doi are like painball or something where if u get a hit you're out no matter if the hit was anatomically a fatal shot or not.

@thehappybub
I have never in my life seen a 200 kd in Day of Infamy. Even me getting 100 kills on Foy entrenchment as an officer calling down carpet bombs is unlikely.

last edited by Slazenger

Bastogne entrenchment as British… if I played officer with an enfield and had a decent team with two people who were good radio guys I'd drop 150 easily by the end of the time. In ins2 100 per person were common. If someone equipped an m249 theyd reach 200s sometimes.

shell we take make an agreement not to reply to happy or benz they are both gonna keep arguing till the sun goes down. We nned Insurg2 TTK because it a Insurgency sequel final word.

Well I disagree, great thread