Armor sucks currently

Light armor is negligible at best. Heavy armor only makes a difference against 9 guns, 3 of which can one-shot you anyway under the right circumstances.

Devs, just get rid of armor if you’re going to keep nerfing it so much.

I'd rather armor actually serve a purpose, unlike ins2.

Has anyone tested how much armor protects from explosions?

One way of making it not useless without making you take too much damage is remove the movement reduction from it and lowering the cost. No need to remove it.

@snuffeldjuret but it's a no-brainer then. imo: armor should tank more damage than it currently does, while also slowing down more. + the game needs more tagging. This would make armor a real gameplay choice.

F.e. with this mechanic heavy armor would be more suitable for defending players than attacking once, due to the movement penalty and more risk of getting killed while in the open because of more tagging.

I think balancing armor like that would actually add a lot to the game. Puts a lot of focus on moving at the correct time for more "campy" players.

More active players would then have to decide between light armor or weapon attachments/utility for the team.

last edited by Benz

@benz I think to get that effect on game play, you have to make the movement speed while wearing armor so slow that it becomes ridiculous (Team Fortress-style games comes to mind). If it makes me tank bullets, I'll choose it for every 1on1 fight I have, whether it is close to my or the enemy spawn area.

@snuffeldjuret Yeah, i agree it might be hard to balance it, but we are in beta... i think testing this kinda stuff might be worth it.

(you know what i want? a SS branch on steam for competitive firefight only, where gameplay changes can be tested, before pushing them to the normal build)

@Benz "armor should tank more damage than it currently does, while also slowing down more. + the game needs more tagging"

Yes.

@quadsword said in Armor sucks currently:

Light armor is negligible at best. Heavy armor only makes a difference against 9 guns, 3 of which can one-shot you anyway under the right circumstances.

Devs, just get rid of armor if you’re going to keep nerfing it so much.

Out of curiosity, did you get those numbers from one of my posts? I know I've posted it a bunch by now lmao.