Full magazine load at spawn sucks

Every time you respawn you have to load the magazine and pull back the hammer and I feel like its super unnecessary (maybe just at the very start of the round in the truck). There've been plenty of times where the last man capped a point, but when the whole team respawned enemy bots were right there and we couldn't even shoot back for a full 2 seconds and got murdered.

If they don't want to remove the animation, at least make the players invincible for the duration of the reload or something. Idk, but its pretty annoying.

Said this before, glad it's being said again.

@thehappybub No spawn invulnerability, absolutely no lol. They could just force the player to reload the very first spawn in of the round like you said, but across all modes as well.

Every other re-spawn they could just flick the safety off or something. Full reload is cool but unnecessary, again as you stated.

@jarple It could work similar to the bolt-action rifles or shotguns, where you just perform a chamber check and cycle the first shot into your weapon.

@marksmanmax

It could just not be so we don't have to watch an animation while we get gunned down on the spawnpoint.

Well, I think spawn invulnerability could work for coop since it's just bots.
For multiplayer you rarely spawn infront of enemies so the animation should be fine.
I don't particularly want to make it first spawn only cause often the animation doesn't actually complete during the first spawn.

So how about we make the animation fully complete on the first spawn-in then not force us to watch it while we get gunned down from there onwards.

What reason is there for forcing it on us? Who would arrive in the middle of an active warzone and think to themselves "alright, time to chamber a round". Safety off is a maybe for western forces and even that could be argued depending on circumstances.

It's definitely something they should fix.

In the meantime, I'm fairly certain you can just switch weapons and then back to your primary (pretty much instantly, just tap 3 or 4 and then tap 1 again) to avoid the animation. You still have the weapon draw time, but that's still shorter than a full reload if you do it soon enough.

Who arrives in the middle of a war zone and thinks to themselves "Okay, now's a good time to load my rifle"? If you're riding in on the truck before the shooting has started, then fine. But if you're being shipped out to a location where you know shit has hit the fan and people are dying, the last you'd want is to have to faff about trying to load your rifle while enemies are advancing on your position.

The respawn the whole team consistently dies at is after defending A at Farmhouse as Insurgents. Every time, there's bots right at the respawn point and everyone has to hop around and hope they don't get shot for 2 seconds, after which usually most people get killed again lol.

@thehappybub said in Full magazine load at spawn sucks:

The respawn the whole team consistently dies at is after defending A at Farmhouse as Insurgents. Every time, there's bots right at the respawn point and everyone has to hop around and hope they don't get shot for 2 seconds, after which usually most people get killed again lol.

Agreed. Farmhouse Ins-Checkpoint A Respawn is garbage at the moment. Needs to be farther back.

@thehappybub said in Full magazine load at spawn sucks:

EXACTLY!!!! After defending A at farmhouse is what i had being pictured in my mind this whole thread until i read this comment haha. Yeah that point sucks. I always take A very slowly now. Cant afford to die on that obj.

-MORTY
-US West Server

It almost sounds like this is a spawn location problem more than a problem with the feature as it doesn’t cause a problem the majority of the time, just after certain spawns.

It is annoying to have to repeat useless actions. The truck ride, chambering a weapon, having to reload and use ammo box to be at max capacity.

This just means that I'm wasting more of my time waiting for the game, not really playing, and put in a disadvantage unless I remember to fix the problem.

That stuff should be minimized, especially given how long some players will be dead spectating in any given match.

@eyeofhorus said in Full magazine load at spawn sucks:

It almost sounds like this is a spawn location problem more than a problem with the feature as it doesn’t cause a problem the majority of the time, just after certain spawns.

But wouldn't it be easier to change the useless action rather than have to go into each map and adjust the spawn points for each objective? Besides, Sandstorm's maps are supposed to be open with multiple routes. This means that some bots will inevitably end up in places that they "weren't supposed to." By making players super vulnerable for 2 seconds in such an environment just pisses people off.

@thehappybub
Valid points. I guess I’ve just gotten used to it as a veteran...and I don’t play much coop. Maybe we could compromise with just having to chamber a round at spawn? This would be a little more realistic anyway, traveling to the AO with a mag loaded and then chambering a round once you get there. Would definitely be a lot faster then a full reload, and I believe that that could come straight from staged reloading if I’m not mistaken.

What's even more annoying is how shotguns start with 7/8 shells, so after the animation you then have to manually load a shell.

@cyoce lmao yeah, also don't get that.

Someone else made a post about this under technical feedback so I'm gonna bump this.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/30798/in-coop-players-will-respawn-next-to-enemies

I've posted this before as well. 2 solutions come to mind.

1. Stop the enemy spawning in the respawn zone.
    Have 2 different spawn points for each side, not re-using the same point for both.

2. much harder. Do something to stop people from rushing forward to grab a s many caps/ammo dumps as possible. They do it to maximise their score (as it's rewarded) but by them doing this they're creating the triggers that respawn enemy behind them. So the team mambers who respawn have to fight their way through, actually helping the rushers but with no reward. As they're being held up by fighting through, the rushers get further ahead, get more caps and more points. Doing nothing for the "team"mates behind who are making their life easier.. for no reward.

It's supposed to be CO-OP, and team play, but at the moment it's rewarding selfish play.