models for the editor

_hi all,
_You'd think that after making maps for over 1,200 hours i'd be a little better at it. however i still do not know how to take a 'pixel-squid' model (or any model format) and get into the editor. Basic stuff, like some woodland animals (deer, moose, beaver/beaver dams, etc.). and some more items of that nature.
_So, i come to the community, asking for assistance..
_I have 3ds 2018, Blender, installed. i can get my deer to open, in each and that's about as far as I'm getting.
_I'm not prepared to make any modification to the objects, just convert them into usable assets for MR. I have looked at the few tuts I've found , I'm just not getting it..
Any Help the community can offer is Greatly Appreciated. and all models, (if i figure it out), will be up for all to use..

__RUFUS
0_1537628130521_elk.jpg

last edited by rufus

Same here! I have Max 2015. I exported an .x model, shows up as a single model. Texture looks as if it is all one color. Once I add it to a map, it becomes invisible. Maybe not exporting correctly from max?
I saw this tutorial, but it is a bit vague. http://spintires.nl/spintires-mudrunner-making-adding-objects-game/

did you textured it on the xml in meshes? @machine

@rufus
if youre making it blender you need the st_X_exporter By Dzen check the topic i have allot of tutorials in there its like making a truck make a cdt that is close to the model mesh (low poly if posible because high poly map models lag the game allot) and export it like i show in the tutorials

@machine it's vague because I went into only the basics.

@forces TY forces! i will be digging into your tut as soon as i have an hour or two to devote to this. (prob tomorrow) in the mean time thank you for the assist__Rufus

glad to help my friend
any qustion you can go in the topic of blender might help others who run into the same place

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.