Option to inspect your weapon

It would be awesome if you can manualy inspect your weapon maybe a idea For the launch version of the game

Thanks For the great work Nwi

By inspect you mean like looking it over ... like look at one side, look at the other right?

I saw someone do it while spectating once but I don't know how to.

@dutchpowernl

@thehappybub said in Option to inspect your weapon:

By inspect you mean like looking it over ... like look at one side, look at the other right?

I saw someone do it while spectating once but I don't know how to.

Yeah, if you're just AFK for long enough you automatically inspect your gun.

@MarksmanMax ah that was probably it. Adding a key bind to do it would be cool though.

@MarksmanMax ah that was probably it. Adding a key bind to do it would be cool though.

I mean..... I'm not sure if I want a keybind to "inspect weapon". It almost seems like it's a mandatory feature in every FPS game now and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax Why not have more features? You don't have to assign it a key if you don't want to. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.

@MarksmanMax Why not have more features? You don't have to assign it a key if you don't want to. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.

The inspect key is like one of those things that some players spam because they think it makes them look cool. That's why I dislike the idea lol.

Having it trigger naturally when just sitting around makes more sense, I think.

Im not gonna argue anymore but some players spamming it still doesn't seem like a compelling reason to not have it. Let em spam it if they want. Players spamming insults or affirmative on the squad comms wheel is infinitely more annoying.

Im not gonna argue anymore but some players spamming it still doesn't seem like a compelling reason to not have it. Let em spam it if they want. Players spamming insults or affirmative on the squad comms wheel is infinitely more annoying.

I mean, I dunno. Might just be personal preference, although on second thought the inspect animations (like all the other god-tier Mr. Brightside animations) are pretty fucking awesome.

Fuck, now I want an inspect weapon button lol

@thehappybub agree whats wrong with having a inspect button and see the beautiful detailed weapons

@dutchpowernl Yea if it was bound to like ";" or something dumb, what does it matter. It'd be nice and the devs already have the animation anyway...