Hitreg/Damage issue (?)

Before I go into this I wanna preface that the hitreg is much better than it was in previous versions, but post-hitreg and dmg patches, there seems to be a new issue(s).
I seemingly die in one shot, much more often than I should be in my opinion. I think that this is a possible issue and not just how the game is, because I'll have heavy armor equipped and seemingly die in 1 pistol or Uzi shot (not headshots).

@alkymist Suck it up buttercup haha jk. Maybe there were other factors at play like had you taken any damage prior possible explosion or a stray bullet maybe you didn’t realize earlier that didn’t kill you. Fall dmg which is actually a thing apparently even though it’s tough to tell if you have taken any unless you die from said fall. There’s always two sides to the story I have literally crept up beside and enemy and put a single bullet straight to the head and saw a spray of blood only for them to not die then turn and kill me... Anyway I don’t know just my two cents!

a fair thing to bring up and ask about, but no, i made absolutely certain before posting this that it was indeed how i explained, and its still happening quite often actually.
there are many examples i can remember where i was certain i didn't take damage before seemingly dying to a small caliber weapon in one hit non-headshot.

Good. The Uzi might actually be viable if this keeps up.

@alkymist Ya don’t know what tell you man I was playing earlier today and had a bad go of things I will mention that I personally want the TTK reduced even more because I was led to believe the dmg model would be that of insurgency source and I can tell you it’s not even close. As I said today was a rough one for me I was shooting people full of AK74 bullets left right and center seeing lots and lots of blood but having much difficulties actually killing people. I came to terms with this and started just spraying the crap out of people at close range to kill them and then immediately discarding my mag as I had next to no ammo left in the mag. Spray..kill..reload..repeat and then 2-5 kills later I would be out of ammo(all 5 mags)! I will mention I don’t always seem to have such a hard time but today was one of them! Don’t know what to say but I never get days where I’m dropping people in one shot! I will also say one more thing that not today in particular but in the past I have literally walked up beside an unsuspecting enemy and shot them straight in the side of the head..blood sprays..towel headed man screams..no death? Anyways ya so.. I just don’t know anymore lots of people want more TTK others want less I would almost wish they would devide the community and make two main modes of core(add a little TTK) and hardcore(remove a little TTK). I tell you in the old insurgency I never had to reload after killing one person it just never happened and I know this is not old insurgency anymore but when I pre-ordered sand storm that is what I was lead to believe I was getting.#itastesalt#insurgencysourceFTW

@planetcanada
yeah, ive seen that happen before in videos and streams. i've experienced it too, but not that much.
i have had a couple WTF moments where i pumped someone full of lead, or hit someone multiple times with a 7.62 sniper rifle and just nothing, but those are rare for me. except for the sniping, its a bit more common for hits not to register when sniping at range for me.

but, i dont see how these problems are mutually exclusive. i think that the hitreg, or ttk, or whatever, has problems going both ways, where sometimes people die instantly in weird circumstances like i have described here, or people tanking a lot of hits that should have registered and killed them.

@alkymist I hear you hopefully they can iron things out so it’s more consistent just a little sad for me because even then I know they are never going to go to a dmg model like the source version because it caters to a smaller audience I would imagine. By making it a little harder to kill people it will encourage a wider audience to play right? I believe anyways seems thats what most people want these days. Hey I will still play but I have my sights on a few other games too “Ready Or Not” is looking quite promising reminds me of the good old raven shield days man that game was hard and hardcore! Lol

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.