Remove The Long Barrel From Sandstorm Entirely

@marksmanmax Dude as I said, your numbers are incorrect because you don't factor in body armor when doing wall penetration (which more people used than people did not)

last edited by Slazenger

@slazenger said in Remove The Long Barrel From Sandstorm Entirely:

@marksmanmax Dude as I said, your numbers are incorrect because you don't factor in body armor when doing wall penetration (which more people used than people did not)

Well, no, the numbers are still correct. It's just that I don't really take actual weapon damage into account (so the FAL and M14 EBR do more damage than an M4A1 still after a wallbang).

As for armor, it doesn't actually act like armor. It's kinda crazy how many people don't know this. It's essentially a straight damage reduction to the torso and nothing else, of either 60 or 90 percent depending on the armor equipped. Of course, higher-damage weapons with more pen do more damage but I just don't wallbang frequently enough to consider buying a FAL a possible option (unless I'm like a Sniper / Sharpshooter maybe).

Welp, a month and a half later and NWI has actually taken the Long Barrel out of the game entirely! Great work!

The M24 still has worse velocity than the M14 EBR, though. oof

Still no ACOG for Security forces in Versus though... feelsbadman.