The Steps I Think NWI Should Take Regarding The Current Damage Model

@quadsword Indeed, as they will make the game suck

@slazenger said in The Steps I Think NWI Should Take Regarding The Current Damage Model:

No it's 100% true fact and confirmed to me

So..it's....your opinion. Thanks for the clarification.

🤦♂

@slazenger said in The Steps I Think NWI Should Take Regarding The Current Damage Model:

@benz
No it's 100% true fact and confirmed to me because I played Call of Duty: BO on consoles for a few years, then I brought it on PC and played the game on HARDCORE CAPTURE THE FLAG, where (almost) every gun killed on 1 shot. It was a phenomenal change from CORE to HARDCORE and played like a completely new game. The gunplay was much more enjoyable and instead of using the 3 shot to kill assault rifles I could have fun using all the other weapons and submachine guns in the game that I could never use in CORE.

Further confirmed to me again by playing Day of Infamy and Insurgency2014 with it's lethality then Sandstorm with it's lack of lethality.

Fact: 1 shot 1 kills feel good and are satisfying.

You've made the same argument in about 24 different posts and I've debunked said argument so many times I honestly don't get why you still post about this.

@marksmanmax
Maybe I want the game to be fun to play?

Another example I want to give is Battlefield Bad Company 2. They have a hardcore mode but the damage increase is so minimal that compared to normal that it's not even an improvement. Snipers are the only ones to get the benifit from it and they still cannot consistently kill in 1 shot.

@marksmanmax
Maybe I want the game to be fun to play?

Another example I want to give is Battlefield Bad Company 2. They have a hardcore mode but the damage increase is so minimal that compared to normal that it's not even an improvement. Snipers are the only ones to get the benifit from it and they still cannot consistently kill in 1 shot.

First of all, I'm not a Battlefield player. At all. And Bad Company 2 is the only Battlefield game I've ever played. And I've got to say the gunplay is pretty fucking good. The goal of sniping in Bad Company 2 is to get a solid headshot, not spam damage increase perks to get one-shot bodyshots. Those kinds of snipers are called assholes.

Second, Insurgency: Sandstorm is basically nothing like Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Three, are you seriously suggesting that since guns have "terrible TTK" of 2-3 bullets, which is fucking nothing compared to most other FPS games like BFBC2, that Sandstorm isn't fun? Seriously? I'm having a fuckin blast playing the game and if you aren't having fun why are you playing it, then? Increased TTK is only gonna increase camping because new players are scared for their lives. I'm already tired of people not playing the objective because they're so concerned with self-preservation in a video game where dying doesn't affect anything at all.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Instagib on armor doesn't belong in this game. It'll be just like versus in doi and ins2 where everyone pranced about flick shotting each other. Versus really wasn't that tactical at all. If NWI wants a competitve game, OSK regardless of gun or armor simply can't fly.

@marksmanmax said in The Steps I Think NWI Should Take Regarding The Current Damage Model:

seriously suggesting..... ..that Sandstorm isn't fun?

I am. I don't enjoy it compared to a true gem like Day of Infamy and I hope for Sandstorm's improvement to make it a good game with great gunplay.
As for camping players being scared to push up due to the lethality, that is one of the appeals of the game while also being a problem. The solution to this is to use your map and take a better route - making more meaning tactical decisions (another appeal). As you said, this is for new players. They'll eventually become more confident.

Actually, more importantly then anything else the higher price of Sandstorm will mean that there will be no more rampant $1.50 sales to swarm the game with new players.

@slazenger Well then play games you think are fun. If you hold ins2 and doi on a pedestal then play them. This keeps coming up, but why do you want a carbon copy of those games? I find Sandstorm to be loads of fun, more than I ever had in ins2 or doi.

@thehappybub
DoI has been dead for several months in my region due to NWI's disdain for the game and Insurgency2014 has been enriched by the July 2018 summer sale noobs then 2 months later the free-to-own weekend noobs, so it's unplayable at the moment.

I want a copy of DoI and Insurgency2014's mechanics because they were good and the reason I brought Sandstorm in the firstplace is because I thought it would be a copy with added improvements - a sequel.

@marksmanmax said in The Steps I Think NWI Should Take Regarding The Current Damage Model:

seriously suggesting..... ..that Sandstorm isn't fun?

I am. I don't enjoy it compared to a true gem like Day of Infamy and I hope for Sandstorm's improvement to make it a good game with great gunplay.
As for camping players being scared to push up due to the lethality, that is one of the appeals of the game while also being a problem. The solution to this is to use your map and take a better route - making more meaning tactical decisions (another appeal). As you said, this is for new players. They'll eventually become more confident.

Actually, more importantly then anything else the higher price of Sandstorm will mean that there will be no more rampant $1.50 sales to swarm the game with new players.

Just out of curiousity; why do you like Day of Infamy more than Sandstorm?

I'll admit that in its current state Sandstorm is honestly closer to a Battlefield game with the movement speed and ADS speed, but in terms of gunplay, I just couldn't like DoI. Sandstorm's guns are honestly more lethal than the guns in DoI (some of em anyway). Whenever I played I almost strictly went with semi-auto or bolt-action rifles. I hated pretty much everything else except for LMGs.

I brought up camping players but that's gonna happen regardless anyway as you said.

I guess I just thought of Day of Infamy as "WWII Insurgency" and I've always been disappointed by how drastically different the gunplay is between both games that I could never grow into Day of Infamy's damage model. I'll forever hate it tbh lmao.

last edited by MarksmanMax

I'll admit that in its current state Sandstorm is honestly closer to a Battlefield game

The thing is that I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. I like some things about bf, but realism isn't one of those things. If you can have realism in a game that doesn't alienate 95% of fps players, then hell yeah. Besides, comparing Sandstorm to bf is not really fair, it just has some similarity in feel.

I'll forever hate it tbh lmao.

Yeah I have to agree, doi was wack. Also, now that I think about it, doi wasn't OSK at all. A bunch of weapons took multiple shots to kill. Weapons like the grease gun took like 5 shots. The only reason versus felt like OSK was because everyone used the same weapons (namely the m1a1 or gewerh among others). You're totally right that sandstorm's guns are all more lethal than doi's … so now I'm really not seeing your point @Slazenger

@thehappybub You know what? You're wrong about the Grease gun; it's actually a two-shot kill (upper chest, anyway).

That being said, you'd probably never fucking know that if I didn't tell you because all the full-auto weapons just feel garbage. I always feel like I've gotta mag dump into a guy and hope I killed him, whereas I could just tap him with one shot of an M1 Garand instead.

You know what? You're wrong about the Grease gun; it's actually a two-shot kill (upper chest, anyway).

Actually? The more you know... did not feel like it.

@marksmanmax
I like the lethal guns, low magazine size, ironsight gameplay and bolt action gameplay. This means your shot really has to count.
I like how the submachine guns and pistols are inaccurate at long range (they have some kind of bullet deviation) but are still effective because of their rate of fire when compared to the other rifles, which as I said have low magazine count
I like how the maps are excellently designed and have a flow to them with distinct sections for each capture point.

IE: open area at the start for Crete, Dog Red, Bastonge, Foy when attacking A > CQB area in the middle for attacking B > for the final objective it is a large building that takes effort and coordination to take - a final challenge.

I like how it's a lot more polished than Insurgency2014 where you don't get stuck on ammo boxes and you can do things like throw back grenades.

I like how the Wehrmacht speak German only. I like the voice actors for the Common Wealth and US army.
I like how the maps are actually visually interesting. The Panzer tank factory being the most interesting.
I like how I can call down an ammo crate and resupply my weapons. I like how I can pick up an enemy weapon like the STG or Thopson and get ammo for it.
I like how the firesupport can support your team through smoke or gunrun/stuka
I like how I can flank around with my radioman can call in a barrage behind the entrance to the objective before we run in and try to clear it.
I like how the objectives take a lot longer to capture, meaning it's a team effort.
I like how radiomen can capture objectives faster making the radioman class a hell of a lot more vital.
I like the gore in the game https://files.catbox.moe/h19cs1.webm
I like the prestige system and gaining new characters.
I like earing the weapon camos.
I like the profile stats (which have been broken for months due to NWI's disdain).

Man there's more I can add but I just need to remember them
I like how I gain supply points for capturing objectives, incentivizing objective play and rewarding objective play
I like how the commander has another radial of voice emotes

Equal to the lethality, NWI has failed to make good maps like Day of Infamy (Refinery being the exception because it's not wide) for Sandstorm. The maps are too wide and have no "theme" to each section like I mentioned with Day of Infamy. The large maps being wide means the action is more spread out. And there is a hell of a lot of unused areas (see hideout + canyon).

last edited by Slazenger

@thehappybub
Guns that can kill in 1 shot:

All bolt actions
All machine guns
all semi auto guns
FG42 and BAR
m1911, Weebly revolver, possibly the Welrod silenced pistol

Guns that cannot:
Thompson, grease gun, mp40, german sidearms, C96 carbine, the rest of the US and common wealth sidearms.

Here's a list of the weapons: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Day_of_Infamy

last edited by Slazenger

I like how the Wehrmacht speak German only.

Wish the insurgents spoke only Arabic...

I like how the maps are actually visually interesting.

Do you not find Sandstorm's maps visually appealing?

I like how I can call down an ammo crate and resupply my weapons.

That was indeed a nice feature.

Overall sounds like you just don't like this game @Slazenger, sorry to hear that.

@thehappybub

Do you not find Sandstorm's maps visually appealing?

The interiors are the most detailed I've ever seen but there is a lack of vibrant colors in the map and foliage Too much beige and brightness. Too much rocks. Think of the bridge section on Hideout. The buildings are erratically placed placed on the map which is uninteresting.

Think of market, we have the ocean beach on one side and on the opposite we had a train station, with a market and crashed helicopter on the middle where the battle mainly takes place.

@slazenger I feel like these new maps are modelled better off of real world locations. The maps before, even though they had distinctive "nodes" or sections, I guess you could call it, felt extremely linear and unnatural. I like the current maps a lot. Perhaps it would spice the maps up if certain things were added in to parts of the map to give it some life … maybe a crashed helicopter, a recent civilian massacre, idk, whatever.

last edited by thehappybub

Fact: 1 shot 1 kills feel good and are satisfying.

This is not a fact. It's an opinion. But you can have your preference of course. Just don't claim it's a fact when it is not.

@jensiii

No it's fact. Further proven by games that have 1 shot kill to the head, such as CS:GO. Satisfying and rewarding. (ask Benz) You've played CoD right? How unfun it is to have to spray into someone and hit them several times to kill them, and there being minimal reward or incentive to go for a headshot because it doesn't kill in 1 shot.

To go even beyond the satisfying headshot, we can make the guns more lethal to kill in a chest shot.