Coop stuff that needs to be addressed

I'm having a couple issues in coop that I think we can address easily, with practically no downside compared to the way these things are now.

Wait until everyone is loaded in and has a loadout screen. Wait 20 seconds, then spawn everyone.

Spawn in all players on first point as soon as they're ready, even if they miss the wave. There is no reason to punish players for slow network or complex loadout management.

The whole "ride in the truck" gimmick just wastes 12 seconds of my time. I don't like it.

XP for losing is basically a quarter of winning, even if I'm 140:3 with 16 objectives. Why should I finish a game if I'm losing XP, when leaving and finding a new match is almost guaranteed to be a better option?

Running ahead and capping/blowing objectives like a lone wolf is a problem. I've already posted myriad ways to make this better.

Parties should be able to stick together at the end of the match and continue queuing together.

Voice chat needs to show player name. In real life, I know the names and voices of my squad mates, and can see them talking. In game has no such cues.

Also voice should be full map and loud. The radio mechanic from DoI isn't a good fit here.

Counter-attack should never "re-capture" the point, I end up C9'ing so often because I need to retreat and reload. Make it contest, and require clearing it.

Final point should have some sort of respawn in support for dead teammates. I've had matches where ten seconds into a 3:00 counter, an IED guy kills three teammates. Be nice if they could respawn at 2:00 or 1:00 so they could help relieve us.

Looks good.

Also hey jballou! been awhile, hope all is well 🙂

@jballou said in Coop stuff that needs to be addressed:

I'm having a couple issues in coop that I think we can address easily, with practically no downside compared to the way these things are now.

Wait until everyone is loaded in and has a loadout screen. Wait 20 seconds, then spawn everyone.

I think the time at the start of the match should be increased to 30 seconds or even 40 seconds. The 20 seconds is just too slow and on my SSD I often load first, while my friend often misses the first objective every time because hes on an HDD. I think waiting for other people can cause problems.

The whole "ride in the truck" gimmick just wastes 12 seconds of my time. I don't like it.

I dont think its that bad. I think the problem is that people cant spawn in while youre on the truck, the truck could be used as another buffer for slower-loading players but it only counts if you spawn in before the truck happens.

XP for losing is basically a quarter of winning, even if I'm 140:3 with 16 objectives. Why should I finish a game if I'm losing XP, when leaving and finding a new match is almost guaranteed to be a better option?

Yes.

Running ahead and capping/blowing objectives like a lone wolf is a problem. I've already posted myriad ways to make this better.

Ill be quite honest, I do this as well but with good reason. Theres no reason to wait for other people and doing so decreases my chances of getting points and decreases my chances of leveling up, as running ahead and doing objectives first gets me the points and gets me leveled up faster. I know its scummy but it really is the truth, if I want objectives done I have to race other players to objectives.

Voice chat needs to show player name. In real life, I know the names and voices of my squad mates, and can see them talking. In game has no such cues.

Its a problem, yes, one that I feel shouldnt exist and is unintentional in it not existing. I 100% doubt the game will not have this in at some point.

Also voice should be full map and loud. The radio mechanic from DoI isn't a good fit here.

You could just global voicechat.

Final point should have some sort of respawn in support for dead teammates. I've had matches where ten seconds into a 3:00 counter, an IED guy kills three teammates. Be nice if they could respawn at 2:00 or 1:00 so they could help relieve us.

I heavily disagree here, but you arent wrong in thinking something could be done. I think respawning like youve suggested would remove a lot of the tension. I would like to see some final objective changes however, the level of resistance is too variable. Ive had times ive sat in the same spot for 3 minutes and barely shot anything and ive had times where its like a scene in a movie and theres constantly dudes everywhere. Ive also got the problem of being a solo player on the last objective and enemies dont stop entering the point and I have to constantly go from spot to spot until theyre all dead or I can sit there and wait for them to wander out themselves.

Blowing an objective should give everyone alive points.

@ziggylata said in Coop stuff that needs to be addressed:

I heavily disagree here, but you arent wrong in thinking something could be done. I think respawning like youve suggested would remove a lot of the tension. I would like to see some final objective changes however, the level of resistance is too variable. Ive had times ive sat in the same spot for 3 minutes and barely shot anything and ive had times where its like a scene in a movie and theres constantly dudes everywhere. Ive also got the problem of being a solo player on the last objective and enemies dont stop entering the point and I have to constantly go from spot to spot until theyre all dead or I can sit there and wait for them to wander out themselves.

Yeah, in my old server there were player spawns but also many more enemies who also had extra waves. It let us keep the pressure up, but also avoid players spending multiple minutes watching the spectator mode.