(To DEVS) Specific movement speed feedback and proposal to fix a split community.

@thehappybub said in (To DEVS) Specific movement speed feedback and proposal to fix a split community.:

@lightspeed said in (To DEVS) Specific movement speed feedback and proposal to fix a split community.:

War at its realest

People all over these forums seem to be forgoing this in favor of some ill-thought-out balancing requests. Realism should always be the basis of what happens in Sandstorm, after that it can get tweaked if it isn't balanced.

Some people are against realism (and at the same time scream "Go play COD/BF if you want arcade", contradiction?) and play the Squad/Arma-card when realism is used as an argument. But things should still be believable in my opinion. I don't wan't the game to be in the style of Squad or Arma, but the movement needs these tweaks to be more believable.

@jensiii said in (To DEVS) Specific movement speed feedback and proposal to fix a split community.:

@thehappybub said in (To DEVS) Specific movement speed feedback and proposal to fix a split community.:

@lightspeed said in (To DEVS) Specific movement speed feedback and proposal to fix a split community.:

War at its realest

People all over these forums seem to be forgoing this in favor of some ill-thought-out balancing requests. Realism should always be the basis of what happens in Sandstorm, after that it can get tweaked if it isn't balanced.

Some people are against realism (and at the same time scream "Go play COD/BF if you want arcade", contradiction?) and play the Squad/Arma-card when realism is used as an argument. But things should still be believable in my opinion. I don't wan't the game to be in the style of Squad or Arma, but the movement needs these tweaks to be more believable.

People are silly, you talk about changing movement and some mechanics and suddenly Sandstorm is Arma and Squad. lol

It's impossible for Sandstorm to be Arma or Squad simply by changing the player movements, whether slower or faster. For argument sake, even with much slower movement, there's not way Sandstorm get's even close to Squad or Arma. There are a million differences so I'm not gonna start...

Will changing the movement so that players are slowed while going up stairs or up hills, make stamina shorter and more relevant suddenly make Sandstorm action-less and boring, I think not!

Will making weight and make gravity have consequences, like hurting your health if you jump out of 1-2 story buildings, suddenly bring Sandstorms action to a halt? I don't think so!

The fact is the devs are trying out what ''feels'' right to them and what balances pvp as far as movement goes and they're also trying to listen to the community. The community all wants something different so it's not an easy task. I guess we'll see what happens...

People are silly, you talk about changing movement and some mechanics and suddenly Sandstorm is Arma and Squad. lol

Yea suddenly its Arma or suddenly its CoD.

I'll be interesting to see what the next patch brings up and see who the devs are listening to...