Pretty straight forward. Doesn't need much description other than:
- Locations are randomized. Defense spawns in first, then...20 seconds later... somewhere else on the map the attacking team spawns in.
- 5 minute timer per round
- after successful defense (eliminate attackers) or successful attack (kill defenders or blow cache), round ends... teams switch roles at same location.
- after both teams have defended a location, new location is randomly selected from remaining options on map.
- Team with best record out of 9 rounds wins (aka 1st to 5)
- no Commanders, RPGS, or Grenade launchers. Defenders don't get IED/C4. One Smoke Grenade max per-person
- Quick rounds, but heightened tensions (due to only having 1 life) makes the game much more exciting than just sprinting around knowing that if you die "there's always next wave!"
- Round based play incentivizes audible planning and teamwork and also provides chances for memorable plays like when your last guy alive manages to clutch and wipe the enemy team or "touch-down" an explosive on the cache FTW.
- This new game-mode would easy to implement, requiring no additions to the game other than tweaks to spawn logic, and the ability to reset a destroyed cache without reloading the entire map.