New game + mode

I was thinking that New game + mode would be perfect for this game.

For example, if player chooses occupation with spot hidden skill,
in new game + mode, player could see some things which he wasn't able to in normal mode.
In NG+ he would have higher number threshold of some skill/ability which would trigger new events.
Maybe a bits of lore or some valuable items he couldn't spot in main game.

For example, if player maintains high insanity in the main game, in NG+ mode player will see more creatures. High insanity could drain his mind so he would need to solve some puzzles differently than in the main game
or having high insanity would give additional challenges/features.

last edited by lovecraft

That's a solid idea, @lovecraft. After all, modes like that help the replay value tremendously.

I hope for a few alternate endings. A "madness" mode like you described would be very creepy and fun!

Even an exploration mode where we can pick up artifacts and read how they relate to lore, what stories they could be taken from, etc.

last edited by TheHansonGoons

@lovecraft said in New game + mode:

I was thinking that New game + mode would be perfect for this game.

For example, if player chooses occupation with spot hidden skill,
in new game + mode, player could see some things which he wasn't able to in normal mode.
In NG+ he would have higher number threshold of some skill/ability which would trigger new events.
Maybe a bits of lore or some valuable items he couldn't spot in main game.

Does it mean you will wander around game world and look for hidden things? And what do you mean by new events?
I think they aim to create pretty much story-driven game with some choices and some light RPG system. They dont have big budget and they are already far into production. So I wouldnt expect some NG+ mode.

Does it mean you will wander around game world and look for hidden things?

I don't know yet. I was reading Call of Cthulhu RPG 7th edition and based on what I've seen.

And what do you mean by new events?

You'll roleplay a character and after you've beat main game your character will differ based on skill points. In NG+, there could be skill/ability checks for certain events. Maybe additional monster or something part of the story which you can solve differently based on your higher skill/ability.

Or maybe something what will change the way you play.

last edited by lovecraft

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.