Due to the low playerbase in Oceania and the poor matchmaking system, I am now playing games in half full servers.

It is 11:00pm NZ time on a weekday, which is peak time for Oceania.
Here are 2 screenshots of the steam server browser 10 minutes apart:

0_1537873673168_Untitled.png

0_1537874403566_Untitled2.png

As you can see, there are no full servers but 2 half full servers and some coop servers.
I find that with this poor matchmaking system currently ingame it consistently puts me in half full servers or even prepares a new server instead of putting me and my 1 other party member into a full game. I find that when I am in a game, not many people join for it to maintain 32 players - which leads to slow and unfun gameplay.

Of course, this is a weekday and the weekends are different as more players keep a server filled. Still, I have seen it put me in half servers like I described even while playing on the weekend.

It's is absolutely 100% clear to me that this matchmaking """feature""" is being beta tested for the console release, as any sane PC player would use the server browser anyway. As such I have a solution for this problem:

Solution

• Enable the server browser
last edited by Slazenger

@slazenger I'm in the US and enabled both US West and East, and it still puts me in half full games most of the time. I usually end up playing with 4 other people.

@slazenger said in Due to the low playerbase in Oceania and the poor matchmaking system, I am now playing games in half full servers.:

It's is absolutely 100% clear to me that this matchmaking """feature""" is being beta tested for the console release

lold.

as any sane PC player would use the server browser anyway.

lold even more. someone give this man a reality check.

As such I have a solution for this problem:

• Enable the server browser

Devs confirmed server browser already weeks ago. Maybe like..... wait?

last edited by Benz
This post is deleted!

MM would be fine if they didn't kick everyone out at the end of the game, servers could fill up that way.

@slazenger 183 players? man the game has gone downhill. i guess both you and i know why

@tuliottr It was not in European or American hours mind you, but I see it around 400-500 for PVP at other times.

@slazenger still, compared to 2k at the start of the beta, thats still a huge drop

I wonder if there is an idea behind the system that is to help fill up a second server when the first one is full and there is no more people playing. If you see two servers at 16/32 you are probably more likely to join either of them than if you see only one server at 32/32 and the rest are empty. Actually, strike probably, you are absolutely more likely to join a server if you have the option between 16/32 and 0/32 compared to only having the option of 0/32.

@tuliottr said in Due to the low playerbase in Oceania and the poor matchmaking system, I am now playing games in half full servers.:

still, compared to 2k at the start of the beta, thats still a huge drop

all the long time players leaving 😉

@zucchini said in Due to the low playerbase in Oceania and the poor matchmaking system, I am now playing games in half full servers.:

@tuliottr said in Due to the low playerbase in Oceania and the poor matchmaking system, I am now playing games in half full servers.:

still, compared to 2k at the start of the beta, thats still a huge drop

all the long time players leaving 😉

No update for 3 weeks and people stop playing.... What a mystery... Must be the ttk. Kappa.