Space Hulk: Tactics - Welcome to the Pre-Order Beta
Community Manager

alt text

Dear Community,

The Pre-Order Beta for Space Hulk: Tactics has now started!

It will run up until the launch of the game. Save games will also be compatible with the release version, so you can immediately continue your game on October 9th.

We’re excited to share with you this early version of the game in order to gather your feedback and make the best possible game! Please find below various info and details about the Pre-Order Beta.

How can I get the Pre-Order Beta access for PC?

It’s simple. All you need is to pre-order Space Hulk: Tactics on Steam before the release date, then you will be able to get into the game right away.

/!\ If you already participated in previous Beta sessions, please remove the save located here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\SpaceHulk2

What’s in Space Hulk: Tactics Pre-Order Beta?

The Pre-Order Beta features the following content:

• The first missions of the two narrative campaigns
  • Skirmish mode in multiplayer and singleplayer on five maps (Khitor, Osulas, Ukganak, Eratirus and Loseth)
  • Map Editor
  • Full customization
  • Tutorial

How to play Space Hulk: Tactics Pre-Order Beta?

Here are the steps for the Terminator Campaign:

• Launch the game
  • Select “Terminator Campaign”
  • You’ll see an intro cutscene, and the tutorial mission will launch
  • After completion, the next cutscene will launch
  • You’ll then be able to play Mission 1
  • After mission 1, a cutscene will play, introducing you to the main plot elements, different characters and other important narrative details.

Here are the steps for the Genestealer Campaign:

• Launch the game
  • Select “Genestealer Campaign”
  • You’ll see an intro cutscene, and the tutorial mission will launch
  • After completion, the next cutscene will launch
  • You’ll then be able to play Mission 1
  • After mission 1, a cutscene will play, introducing you to the main plot elements, different characters and other important narrative details

0_1537883750133_SHT_Screenshot_04_logo.jpg

Tell me more about the campaigns.

As many Warhammer fans know, the traditional Space Hulk board game has two factions: Terminator and Genestealer. In Space Hulk: Tactics, you will be able to play fully-fledged campaigns for each faction! With the new card system that emphasizes each side’s campaign, you’ll be able to use your own strategies to best approach each level, and handle each strategy as you see fit..

How many playable maps are there in the Pre-Order Beta?

In Space Hulk: Tactics Pre-Order Beta, you will have 5 playable maps: Khitor, Osulas, Ukganak, Eratirus and Darakin. They are for both Terminator and Genestealer, with special objectives. They offer different gameplay styles and experiences.

Will we be able to play with different players?

Indeed, you can play either against AI or in a competitive player vs player mode.

What’s the specialties of MapTool?

The MapTool (Mission Editor) allows you to create, share and play maps from the community. All the creation items are available, such as environments, interactive objects, objectives, and so on. The most exciting thing is that you can probably see your own maps in the final game if we find them interesting!

What can I customize in Space Hulk: Tactics Pre-Order Beta?

You can create your own squad, select chapters, units, weapons and cards. The cosmetic items are all available in customization mode, including the pre-order bonuses.

You can also find more details about the Pre-Order Beta here:

See you in the Beta!

The Space Hulk: Tactics Team

last edited by Netheos

"The cosmetic items are all available in customization mode, including the pre-order bonuses."

Am I the only one who cannot figure out how to get the second founding chapter skins to work?

I read "preorder BETA starting 25th" yesterday, and immediately went to PS-Store and bought it, then later found out this beta is for Steam. Not PS4. Doh. Thank you so much for making this game. I can hardly wait. Will there be some sort of early launch for the PS4 version, please?

In the customization mode the pattern 2 of the marine spaces does not work on different sizes and I do not have access to the skin of the pre-order chapters.

Community Manager

@cloud-runner Hello, there will not be an early access for PS4. Have a nice day.
@DaxTheDestroyer @Aymanoir Thank your for reporting this to us. We'll soon fix it.

last edited by chaton

I did find you could make a Nova Marine pattern in the customization section of the Ultramarines. This is not the "Choose Nova Marines" option I was expecting.

Also when I attempt the choose the Nova Marine emblem shown as an option for the apothecary right pauldron (option 16) It opens my steam overlay and give me the following error.

Error Code: -105
Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

And then goes back to the previous emblem.

I don't know if this is already corrected in the release version but I wanted to let you know.

Also of note, the correct Nova Marine pattern cannot be completed via this system as the Upper arms/ thighs option does not allow for the correct color split, at least no pattern I could find did.

Community Manager

@DaxTheDestroyer Thank you for this feedback. We're currently working on it.

where can I complain about things that I consider wrong with the beta and give suggestions for improvement?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.