general gameplay and weapon suggestions

so to start, i, and i think a lot of other people, would like to see variable zooms (like on the 4x spectre) and flipable magnifiers. with the addition of larger maps and much longer engagement distances than in ins2, it's become a necessity to have scopes and magnified optics, especially on Crossing. on Crossing especially, i think its a damned if you damned if you dont situation, where if you get a magnified optic, youll do well at range, but its disorienting for close range and room clearing. but, if you get an unmagnified optic, you're screwed if you get caught out of cover, and youre at a severe disadvantage to return fire.
if you think this could be an issue or change the balance, maybe you can adjust the costs, or ADS times with them equipped?

for weapons, i think there's a bit of an imbalance between the .30 cal rifles and sniper rifles between the insurgents and security. the SVD is a much more consistent 1 shot kill rifle compared to the mk14.
so what i suggest is, add an m110 semi-automatic rifle with a 10-rnd mag as the security equivalent for the SVD, and also add another 20rnd .30 cal rifle insurgent rifle to be the mk14s equivalent like perhaps a zastava m77, a wood furniture m14, an old ar-10, or if u want to get obscure, an stgw-57.
more pistol caliber SMGs would be great, like an mp5, UMP, scorpion evo, mac10, pp-19 vitjaz, mp-9, pp200 (not all of them, but a few from that list would be cool)

now id like to address recoil. i think this is important, bc i feel like a lot of guns are unwieldy and annoying to use.
grips and/or compensators are essential on practically every gun that can have it, and even then it doesnt make things much better, they dont make enough of a difference (in some cases little to no difference) to cost 3 weight points. also, this kind of creates a situation like in ins2 where AP bullets were pretty much essential. yeah you have the choice, but its a no-brainer.
in general 5.56 rifles need less recoil. for their cost, theyre just not worth it, the g3 is way better for much less cost and way more killing potential.
adding a dynamic recoil system would be amazing, where the recoil start soft, but get heavier as you keep shooting, it would be a great addition to the game, and i think it would be well received. id like to here what others think of that as well.

for armor balancing, again its the same situation as ins2 with AP bullets. heavy armor is pretty much essential every game. i think heavy armor should make you climb and vault slower, reload slower, have slower ADS times, and make you louder when moving around and doing things (like changing mags, footsteps, etc).

for movement speed, i think the time to accelerate and decelerate should be slowed down a bit, because from the perspective of looking trough a scope at distance, its difficult to hit someone who's basically twitching unrealistically left to right. ive seen people do this abuse this on purpose, and its quite annoying. i know the game is still supposed to be relatively fast paced, but i think that movement can be tweaked and still keep the fast pace going.

This post is deleted!

@alkymist said in general gameplay and weapon suggestions:

adding a dynamic recoil system would be amazing, where the recoil start soft, but get heavier as you keep shooting, it would be a great addition to the game, and i think it would be well received. id like to here what others think of that as well.

Honestly, removing the RNG aspect from recoil would solve a lot of these problems. Once recoil is consistent, then they can double or triple the values and it will still be hard to control, but possible if you're good.

@alkymist said in general gameplay and weapon suggestions:

for movement speed, i think the time to accelerate and decelerate should be slowed down a bit, because from the perspective of looking trough a scope at distance, its difficult to hit someone who's basically twitching unrealistically left to right. ive seen people do this abuse this on purpose, and its quite annoying. i know the game is still supposed to be relatively fast paced, but i think that movement can be tweaked and still keep the fast pace going.

Acceleration really needs to be increased to prevent turning on a dime, especially for heavy armor. It's more acceptable to have an easier time dodging bullets when just one can take you down.