Aiming speed is WAY too fast

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but not nearly enough. The ADS speed going from a sprint is pretty much the same, maybe even a little faster, than the ADS speed when walking or standing still. Insurgency is a relatively slow paced game where players should be punished for sprinting in situations where they need to be more careful. Say I'm outside and I'm running towards the objective building, which has windows and doorways where a defender could easily peak out of and shoot me. In the game's current state, you are much better off sprinting towards the building rather than taking it slow and walking while aiming at the windows, since this common situation has no punishment if you're sprinting, and sprinting will get you there a little faster. Sprinting in this game should be reserved for running out of spawn, situations where it's better to run across an open area rather than try and suppress them, and when you need to get out of a situation immediately.

I totally agree. I propose a few adjustments to ADS speed:

• lighter guns (i.e., SMGs and pistols) should have slightly quicker aim speeds
  • heavier guns (LMGs, sniper rifles) should aim slower.
  • ADS speed should be heavily decreased when running. Right now the only point of not running is to avoid getting sway. If you penalize people for running when they encounter enemies, you can remove sway and make progress toward purging this game of RNG.
last edited by cyoce

@cyoce +50000

Aim speed is on some battlefield-level shit right now. These are good suggestions to fix that. I'm particularly interested in the pistol ADS speed still being fast (as it makes sense IMO since there's no stock or anything).

@cyoce said in Aiming speed is WAY too fast:

• lighter guns (i.e., SMGs and pistols) should have slightly quicker aim speeds
  • heavier guns (LMGs, sniper rifles) should aim slower.

^. Lighter guns having a faster ADS was another thing I wanted to touch on, I just didn’t feel like making my post longer.

I always thought it was a bug that everyone took advantage of, where you could instantly ADS if you started a sprint before right clicking.