OBJ marker obstructing vision

Objective markers blocking vision is a bit annoying, especially in examples like the below where there is a big chance to have an enemy in the exact spot that is being blocked from the B marker.

0_1538183598147_Untitled.jpg

Can't this be made transparent in the inner side of the pink-ish circle?

I think the teammates markers are guilty of this too. Needs a real change. I'd like to be able to turn them off entirely

@marxman-lmc said in OBJ marker obstructing vision:

I'd like to be able to turn them off entirely

You can turn off the whole HUD in general. It'd be cool if you could choose what specifically you want on and off.

@thehappybub said in OBJ marker obstructing vision:

@marxman-lmc said in OBJ marker obstructing vision:

I'd like to be able to turn them off entirely

You can turn off the whole HUD in general. It'd be cool if you could choose what specifically you want on and off.

@thehappybub
I support that 100 %
The immersion is much better without all those hovering markers on teammates and in the landscape.
I often play with HUD turned off, then turn it on for a short orientation and then continue without any markers.

It would be nice to have a keyboard key for turn HUD on/off just like in Insurgency2.

Opening the game menu and checking / unchecking HUD box takes a few seconds in which you can easily be killed by a bot ( coop game ) or another player in versus mode.

in the original insurgency there was a server side variable that determined whether or not people could see hud markers. hoping for a comeback of this when dedicated servers get released to the public. I don't want to turn off ALL hud (clientside), just the stupid teammate/obj markers.

yeah, especially the compass is helpfull, i really would like to keep that, turning everything else off

@marxman-lmc They should do the thing with what Rising storm does by being able to see if its a teammate in a small area of your screen or a larger area towards the center ofc so that people can get used to player models.

@john-edgell

Agreed, I find it a very good learning tool that should eventually be turned off.

Hey guys , good news, look at this screenshot.
There is an option to change the Objective Indicator Opacity coming with the new patch on 8th November !
Also an option to change the Team Indicator Opacity !!
We can turn off/fade everything what we personally think is disturbing !! Awsome !
Thank you NWI

0_1541270841622_sandstorm001.jpg

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

IMO the ring around the obj. marker should stay the way it is and opacity should be affecting the inner part only. Let's see how it is implemented.