The sway

@benz said in The sway:

Why does this even need discussion. Like..the sway currently literally rewards players with bad aim thanks to the suppression sway. Who on earth thought this is a good mechanic? Unless this game doesn't wanna be competitive ofc.

When looking from a competitive angle, I understand and agree.

@thehappybub said in The sway:

@solusvod I just like it because its a realistic mechanic. I see what you and @Benz are saying about it penalizing good aim. I guess its not a wonderful idea for competitive matches, I wish it'd stay in coop though.

Agree with you as well. Suppression and sway are believable mechanics for gamemodes like push & coop, where people taking advantage of a significant suppression effect could lead to more immersive firefights, but those mechanics don't suit competitive gamemodes.

Should Sandstorm have completely different ruleset/featuresets for push&coop vs. firefight&skirmish&competitive? Maybe.

Why? Because having just one set of rules/features for all game modes would will be a compromise.

What is a compromise? It's a solution, where NEITHER of the parties is satisfied with end result.

Or then devs could just be very clear on what goal of the game is. Is it competitive or believable/realistic mechanics or what.

@jensiii

I really want to find a middle ground, thats why I dont want sway removed just dialed back to what source was, I'm even down for increasing vertical recoil when suppressed

I would hate to see a split because then it makes it harder for comp to thrive.