Risky and Redneck's Modded Workshop

Here Risky and Redneck will post all of their projects onto this 'boneyard'

last edited by RiskyWisky

0_1538267013066_20180923151839_1.jpg

Here is the Team Penske Peterbilt on Watersedge trail racing... a map with multiple race tracks and mud pits.

2_1538270290749_20180929201715_1.jpg 1_1538270290749_20180929201702_1.jpg 0_1538270290749_20180929201632_1.jpg

Here is the International R190 on Watersedge; a map that has been converted from the original game.

2_1538319845394_20180714170516_1.jpg 1_1538319845393_20180714170512_1.jpg 0_1538319845393_20180714170429_1.jpg

Beautiful Rock crawling area

Hey guys!

So one of my projects that i have been working on for over a year is now out!

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525335530

Description:

This map was converted from the original spintires and has been in the works for over a year now. At first, this map was only going to be in the original spintires, but when mudrunner came out, the team and I started converting the map. Jump ahead 6 months later, and you see it here, on the workshop, released. Hope you guys enjoy and please leave a comment down below!

I've spent countless hours working on this map, and converting it, so please drop a like.

Model pack is not included in this...

Link to models: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IZSxLJWWWZRiaSSrM-3Y8jSWjNKcQ6Ws?usp=sharing

(create a new media folder inside of the mudrunner folder, then go to Config.xml and add the following code:

<MediaPath Path="Media" />

when added, click save. Next, place the classes, meshes, and textures of the model into the newly created media folder. If this does not work please contact me via Steam.)

Keep in mind, this map was converted from the old game, so there will be some issues with some textures, and some wonkey stuff that is currently being fixed. If you notice something (like a glitch that is not a texture issue) then please DM me or post in the comments thread below.

This map requires the use of the latest Spintires Mod. If you do not have it, then this map will not work. Do not DM me or post in the comments saying the map is not working when you do not have Spintires Mod. This map does include spawn locators, so without the use of the hack, this map is pointless and will not Run properly.

If you need help with installing Spintires Mod, please visit: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3365/how-to-install-spintiresmod-mudrunner-plus-enable-dev-tools-on-any-map-battery-winch-and-much-more

Link to Spintires Mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AY2TyPSWW_QeWzebGPSNzcO2_5chEX32/view

If the map does not work, please go here and download the map. You will put it in like a normal map (or like how you put in the textures, meshes, and classes from before.) Make sure before downloading you have Spintires mod and that you have The latest version of the game.

Map Recovery Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nsQQlXhPqhg1fZxBUaFRIKEX-1IKkhjM?usp=sharing

Uploading or Reusing this map is PROHIBITED in any way shape or form. You may not reupload this map to the Workshop, or ANY other website WITHOUT my permission. If this map is uploaded to the workshop, or is uploaded to a nother site without my permission, this map (and all of my other mods) will be private.

_Risky

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/files/file/1544-level-project-orangando/?tab=comments#comment-21987

I might convert this map to the mudrunner and do some changes to it (btw it is my map and i own the prebuilt & made it)

5_1538330289345_20180930122716_1.jpg 4_1538330289345_20180930121846_1.jpg 3_1538330289345_20180930121825_1.jpg 2_1538330289345_20180930121818_1.jpg 1_1538330289344_20180930121808_1.jpg 0_1538330289344_20180930121654_1.jpg

Some pictures of Watersedge

3_1538337809820_20180930145414_1.jpg 2_1538337809819_20180930145411_1.jpg 1_1538337809819_20180930145407_1.jpg 0_1538337809818_20180930135608_1.jpg

Some pics of watersedge, or the international r190 ive been working on recently.

Here's a good guide if anyone needs help with modding a map...

Spintires: Mudrunner
Modding Guide
1 of 1
Maps

Table of Contents (pages are not labeled)
1…………………………………….Part 1: Setting Up the editor
2……………………………Part 2: Starting (creating the map)
3…………………………….Part 3: Learning the basic functions
3a…………………………………………………...Mini Q&A
4………………………………………….Part 4: Adding Models
5………………………………………….Part 5: Adding Terrain

Part 1: Setting up the editor

Open the Spintires Editor. Next, hit “Settings” at the top. Next, hit “Paths” Enter in your directory (where mudrunner.exe is located). It should be c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spintires: Mudrunner After that is done, click ok, and when it is done loading RESTART THE EDITOR!!!

Part 2: Starting the map
When you have closed and opened the editor, right click “prebuild” on the left. 2 options appear. Hit “Create New Terrain”. There should be a pop-up in the middle of your screen. Enter the name level_yourmapname. Every map should start with level_. For now, I am using level_hi. When you have entered a name, hit ok and let the editor load. Important!!! Do not click or move your mouse!! This can cause the spintires editor to crash.
Part 3: Learning the basic functions
Once the map is “created” now it is time to start building. Well, we need to learn the basic functions of this program.
Here is a list of the basic functions:

Left click and move your mouse around in the center screen.
This pans, or orbits the camera around the map.

Scroll in the center screen.
This will zoom in or out, depending on which direction you are scrolling.

Part 4: Adding Models
To add models onto the .stg level, right click on the center screen. You will get a little box with options. Hit “add model”. Your output box will be showing things it is loading. This is normal. When you have a prompt with all the different models, click on a model… now hit ok. There should be a yellow-ish outline. This is your model. You can move it around via arrows. When the model is in the right spot, hit anywhere else than the model!! Now there is yout selected model; right on your map.

Part 5: Adding Terrain
So congrats!! You have added your first model to the map. By the way everything else is going to be a lot harder than what you just did. And you will need a lot of patients. Anyway, to add terrain, on the right side hit “Geometry.” There should be a circle on your map. This is normal. To add the terrain, move the slider (on the box with 2 sliders and 2 checkboxes) move the top one to about 90.00. Now right click on the flat ground of your terrain and drag your mouse. You will notice red dirt. This is normal. When done, left click on the terrain (only 1 click). Now your terrain is there.

Part 6: Adding Overlays (roads)
To add a road, simply left click on your terrain. Click on “add overlay”. Just like adding models, there will be a variety of overlays to choose from. Click on the overlay (road) you want to add to your map. Hit ok. Now, a thick blue-ish line should pop up; this is normal. You may notice on the end of the line, there is 2 red dots (1 on each side) Click on one, and just like the models, there will be 2 arrows. You can move the overlay accordingly to how you want it. To add curves to your overlay, simply right click. It should have either “0 add before” “0 add after” “1 add before” or “1 after”. Hit one. now , there is a new dot in the middle.

Part 7: Adding Distributions (trees)
Adding trees is different than adding plants. If you were to add every individual tree, we would still be playing the stock maps. So, to add trees, right click on the map and hit “Add Distributions”. Now, hit the tiny 3 dots in the bottom right corner. An open file will pop up. Type in the following “dstr_test.tga” When typed, hit ok. Now, hit “press”. There will be a list with 2 sides. This may look like the in-game mod manager. To add trees, just double click on the tree to enable it. (only trees on the left). To remove added trees, do the same, yet on the right side.

Part 8: Adding Textures
The map’s textures should be (unless you have changed it) a dirt texture. If you even have little experience playing any map, you may notice there are more than this one texture. Textures in the editor are called “Materials”. To add a material, on the right side, there should be a drop down saying “Materials”. There will be a plus sign next to it. Click on the plus side, then hit on the first material (on the right side). The similar thing will pop up for distributions and terrain. To change the map’s texture, simply hit the “press” button. Hit the top one. Just like overlays, you need to select your preferred texture. I suggest either “grass” or “soil”. I use grass for my normal texture, and soil for most of my trails.

Part 9: Reminder
Keep in mind that your map needs to be:
Realistic
Fun
Appealing
Good-looking
You want your map to look as professional as it should be.

Part 10: Adding Water “rivers”
In the editor, water is called rivers. This does not mean that the water will have a flow. To add water (rivers), simply right click on your map (terrain) and hit “Add River”. Just like with the overlays, an orange line will appear. You can move the river via the blue dots. THE RIVER WILL NOT APPEAR IF YOU DO NOT MOVE THE SLIDERS!!!! The same goes if you were doing an overlay. To add water flow and foam, hit the plus right next to the geometry (right side top). A drop down will appear. Click “water” (with the raindrop picture next to it). A similar screen will appear (just like materials, (texturing), distributions, (trees), and terrain (geometry).

Part 11: Adding Mud
This is everyone's favorite. Adding mud. I suggest to make a mud bog, combine mud and water (put water where there is mud). To add mud, click the plus sign next to the “geometry” tab. Next, hit “mud”. A similar prompt will appear. To add mud, click on the drop-down button that says “automatic”. Automatic is good, but to use it you need to put extrudes down. When you have clicked on the dropdown, hit “extrudes”. Right click (and drag) the mouse where you want your mud to appear. When done, left click on the map. Now, (again) hit the mud tab. Now, hit the dropdown that says “extrude”. Change it to “automatic”. Where you want mud, place it down. The only way it will work is if the automatic mud is on the extruded ground.

What is an extrude?
An extrude is a type of mud used at all times when making mud. If you only have extrudes, your ground will be softer. Sometimes this is good.

Part 12: “Beautifying” Your Map
You may notice that the mini-map on the left is still the same as when you have started. This is completely normal. To update your map, first save. Then, simply right click on your terrain. Click “rebuild terrain”. Do not be afraid to click on this. A prompt pulls up. Warning: Do not click or move your mouse!!! Until this prompt goes away, you do not click. This can mess up your hard work you have put into your map. When the prompt goes away, you may notice some slight changes; some including:
Your trees have shades
Your mini-map has been updated
There are many other things that changed… these are all normal.

What happens when I am “rebuilding the terrain”?
What happens? Well, in the editor, the map loads by the current .xml, not the in-game .dds or stg. So, what it does is it deletes the .stg and .dds and essentially “rebuilds” them.

My editor crashed.
Try again.

What do you do if your ground is black?
Restart the editor, then do Part (step) 1. This happens when mudrunner’s path is set incorrectly.

Why is it lagging? How can I fix it?
You do not have enough RAM. To fix it, upgrade your RAM.

Why is my grass floating?!? How can it be fixed?
Your grass is floating because of a loading error (editors fault). To fix this, delete the .stg and .dds in (what it should be) c:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Spintires: Mudrunner Editor Beta\media\levels. That is where your .stg and .dds is saved.

What do I do if there are major slits in my ground?
Do the same if your grass was floating.

Congrats!!! You have now created your first spintires mod.

1_1538398567685_2018-10-01_15-53-01.png 0_1538398567683_2018-10-01_15-51-06.png

Remove some trash folders in your mod, and remove all default xmls from terrains folder and other class folders.

last edited by blasc

dont take it the wrong way but your F.A.Q need a better answer, the guide is decent but pics can make it better

"My editor crashed.
Try again."

most crashes of the editor are due to ram usage, or if you make big changes in geometry,models and distributions it will crash (distributions with to many assets cause them most of the time so stick to 1 to 3 things in a dist tga)

also models with bad mesh xml i large quantity can cause crashes (some of nix models of rocks for example dont take it bad nix but i check everything when i crash the game/editor)

"What do you do if your ground is black?
Restart the editor, then do Part (step) 1. This happens when mudrunner’s path is set incorrectly."

or a bad tiles xml/texture post fixes (__d_a __d)

"Why is my grass floating?!? How can it be fixed?
Your grass is floating because of a loading error (editors fault). To fix this, delete the .stg and .dds in (what it should be) c:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Spintires: Mudrunner Editor Beta\media\levels. That is where your .stg and .dds is saved."

rebuild terrain its a dist/ground issue easy to solve

@blasc
thats because he uploaded a full editor back up normally steam uploads of maps with trucks dont even go up right (trucks classes folder gets deleted)

@forces said in Risky's Map n' Mods Showcase:

dont take it the wrong way but your F.A.Q need a better answer, the guide is decent but pics can make it better

"My editor crashed.
Try again."

most crashes of the editor are due to ram usage, or if you make big changes in geometry,models and distributions it will crash (distributions with to many assets cause them most of the time so stick to 1 to 3 things in a dist tga)

also models with bad mesh xml i large quantity can cause crashes (some of nix models of rocks for example dont take it bad nix but i check everything when i crash the game/editor)

"What do you do if your ground is black?
Restart the editor, then do Part (step) 1. This happens when mudrunner’s path is set incorrectly."

or a bad tiles xml/texture post fixes (__d_a __d)

"Why is my grass floating?!? How can it be fixed?
Your grass is floating because of a loading error (editors fault). To fix this, delete the .stg and .dds in (what it should be) c:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Spintires: Mudrunner Editor Beta\media\levels. That is where your .stg and .dds is saved."

rebuild terrain its a dist/ground issue easy to solve

@blasc
thats because he uploaded a full editor back up normally steam uploads of maps with trucks dont even go up right (trucks classes folder gets deleted)

I said i aint wanting any hate i just was up til 4 last night on this... (edit: thanks for the advice man... I kinda just blew up at you and all Your trying to do is give me advice... sorry.)

last edited by RiskyWisky

Wow...A great modder in the community offers some advice and you respond with that shit, it's no wonder why you're not very respected...

Should i just quit this modding stuff and drop out I don’t think no one will care it’s just I get real mad at people who is trying to help me... for everyone reading this... I’m sorry. I’m sorry for the way I’ve been to people lately and what not...

@riskywisky said in Risky's Map n' Mods Showcase:

Should i just quit this modding stuff and drop out I don’t think no one will care it’s just I get real mad at people who is trying to help me... for everyone reading this... I’m sorry. I’m sorry for the way I’ve been to people lately and what not...

i dont really mind the comments done by now but everyone making mods has a potential so dont leave the community for just the comments you post or people post! and even more map makers, like all it requires practice and allot of testing, thats why i make guides to help out people building mods, thats why i answer almost all questions (that im 100% sure i know) about bugs in the game

i can name a handfull of mod makers that started this way and end up making a name of themself after changin their ego about taking help and some that just started being helpfull but got frustrated after their comments were ignored or just taken ther wrong way

@forces said in Risky's Map n' Mods Showcase:

@riskywisky said in Risky's Map n' Mods Showcase:

i dont really mind the comments done by now but everyone making mods has a potential so dont leave the community for just the comments you post or people post! and even more map makers, like all it requires practice and allot of testing, thats why i make guides to help out people building mods, thats why i answer almost all questions (that im 100% sure i know) about bugs in the game

i can name a handfull of mod makers that started this way and end up making a name of themself after changin their ego about taking help and some that just started being helpfull but got frustrated after their comments were ignored or just taken ther wrong way

yea i might have some potential but there ain't no one who even cares about the work i put in... or the money. I've spent an additional 350 bucks just for modding tools (3ds max, photoshop) so i'm not sure if its worth it spending anytime on this game and just move on to the next,

@riskywisky i had 0 attention from anyone when i started back at oovee, just post your work on the forum, and people will come
see when you start in something you get 0 attention from anyone but once you start posting or making noise (good noise not just a bad attitude agains others but being helpfull and not picking fights or giving bad comments) you start drawing attention

i check the forums even with my phone and even the questions post get 100 views in a day and the mod wip post get up to 500 in a day (mine 2# and spun 3# are the most viewed post in the forum) so just post your wip your progress and youll get views,fans or help if you need it
i build web sites and to be honest when you start even 5 views a day are a way to know that we are getting attention even if what we have doesnt cause impression in people it will make them remember and come back when they find something they like, same applies here maps and mods are the most viewed post

but anyway its up to you to give it another shot, trash the past a have fresh start try new stuffs in maps/mods or just build what you like (like i do with my personal builds) and that will draw attention of the public and people will like what you do

having people leave the game and its potential is never a option because the game dies

@riskywisky will agree with forces here, it takes a bit of time for things to pick up. i for one may not have a lot of time these days, but i keep my eye out on people and what they are doing. all that can be said is just keep doing your thing man. 👍🏽

@riskywisky Modding is something you have to love to do. Do it for yourself. Yes it is a lot of work and most people dont have a clue how much time is required. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing or saying. Just do your thing and have fun doing it.

@riskywisky , hay buddy don't get discouraged, at all! You did a really good job with the editor instructional. However there are a few things that could be reworded, or possibly another solution is more reliable.
__Here is the thing, YOU took the time to share your knowledge. not for for a few extra bucks in your paycheck or a pat on the back, I Feel that you shared your time and knowledge, with everyone , because it brings you some kind of good feeling. And that is absolutely the best reason to do anything. So kudos to you sir.
__i don't recommend getting fired-up over the reply's you may receive to a post. I do understand that it can be really defeating, to receive negative feedback. however most modder's are only trying to assist.
__i was going to send you a few ideas for some edits in your instruction package, (via pm). I'll hold off on that.
__I just looked and i'm at 1,283 hrs. on the Editor. and i'm no closer to releasing a map today than I was a year ago. (WOW, a year since the Muddrunner Release!)
__ Just keep doing what gives you enjoyment, like i said i'm no guru at this, but i'm here if you want to toss things around for another opinion.. RUFUS