Weapons from the promo picture

So if you take a look at the top of the page, you can see the I:SS promo picture you've probably seen a million times before. The guy on the left carries something that looks to be an MK18, the guy on the right a G3 with a late model wide handguard, and the woman in the back an AK-47.

It kinda gave me the idea to ask about these weapons. The devs could add the AK-47 as an alternative to the AKM on the insurgency side. To stay realistic and diverse, it could be slightly cheaper than the AKM, while having a higher rate of fire but more difficult to control recoil. I think it could make for a nice high skill weapon, and one that doesn't take a lot of effort and time for the devs to model, as they could just make it by modifying the existing AKM model.

As of the G3's wide handguard, I would love to see it in game as I much prefer it over the slim handguard currently in game. I'm thinking maybe the devs could add it as a foregrip option that costs only 1 point, but only offers a very slight recoil improvement over the basic one. Whaddaya think?

Errrrrmmmm. There already is an AK-47? What kinda crack you smokin, fam?

I think AK-74 is already in the game... which is a similar version to the 47

I'd kill for a Norinco Type 56-1, which was nuts in Rising Storm 2. Not enough chinese AK variants in games i feel, that would make even more sense than the AKM in-game.

@amurka Nah, there is an AKM and an AK-74 in the game. Former is a modernised version of the AK-47, latter is a modernised version of the modernised version, chambered in 5.45 instead of 7.62 like the AK-47 and AKM.

last edited by Yoss

AK 47, AK 74...they all look the same and generally shoot the same, they're so similar as to practically be identical...do we really need redundant weapons everywhere? I feel like we already have a lot of redundant weapons, since all the pistols handle practically identical (barring a few).

How about we throw in 4 separate variants of pump shotgun for each side to REALLY spice things up! /s

last edited by AMURKA

@amurka Uum, no, they don't. In fact they handle absolutely differently, since they have nearly 30 years of development and change in military mentality between them. Furthermore dunno what kind of exotic weapons would you like to see, but these fit the setting of the game, and could provide a brand new weapon handling pattern. Also unless you don't know anything about these weapons, they don't look the same at all, in fact the 47 and the 74 have distinctively different silhuettes. They're about as different as an M4 and an MK18, and I don't see anybody complaining about those.